Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message Edited by Jubeyy on 06-07-2008 08:53 PM
Message 12 of 18
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: GOOOOOOD MORNING!!

Interesting that they let you in with that existing high util! I suppose it's possible that they could whip around and F/R you. Apparently the decision to F/R is done by a different department than the one that grants credit. It would be nice if they'd discuss this internally.

Anyway, your best bet is to use the new AmEx but pay it off immediately, never carrying a whisper of a balance. Until you get your first statement, you won't be able to pay on their site, but if you can do bill pay from your checking account, you can force payments into their unwilling hands.

In the meantime, they will likely soft your EX report at least every 15 days. The best advice I can give is to not allow any of your existing balances to increase; to keep paying them down by noticeable amounts (AmEx is looking for this); don't abuse your AmEx card in any way, shape or fashion, and keep your 2007 1040 form and your most recent pay stub handy. Smiley Tongue

BTW, the only inqs that are counting in your scoring are those from July 07 onward (the most recent 12 months' worth), although of course they do display for 24 months. Good luck!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message Edited by Jubeyy on 06-07-2008 08:54 PM
Message 14 of 18
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

They ARE SPECIAL!!!!!!

They got Ellen into Beyonce's show!

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message Edited by Jubeyy on 06-07-2008 08:53 PM
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!! Thats AWESOME and a GR8t Feeling!!! IF your happy and ya know it CLAP yr Hands!!!Smiley Very Happy
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

$2K is not that low of an opening limit-
lot of people (including me) start with $1K 

Just treat it as a "charge card" that you must PIF every month-
if you "need" to carry a balance a month - no big deal to Amex

I have done everything you are not supposed to do with Amex- 
Let other account balances increase (then PIF I just let them post), opened several cards with them and others, had a CA for about 3 weeks, 

I did let my scores go up-

I fully believe Amex has not gotten upset because I PIF them every month like clockwork-  

Small potatoes to some here- MY Business line is at $20K and personal is at $12K  - and they will let me allocate my business CL to my personal.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.