Frequent Contributor
Jubeyy

[ Edited ]

Message Edited by Jubeyy on 06-07-2008 08:52 PM
Established Contributor
jaxstraw

Re: GOOOOOOD MORNING!!

Good Morning to you too!! I see you get up early also. Can't sleep in anymore, been getting up for my job at 4:30 for years. Will nap this afternoon on the weekend. One of life's little pleasures.

Congrats on the card. Feels good to have a higher limit and someone to reward you for your credit worthiness.

Can't help with the text. I just hit enter twice to kind of separate the paragraphs. Other wise if I try to list something w/ breaks they just bunch up also. Not super computer savvy, just OK. I also check that box by submit posts that says 'Automatically convert carriage returns .........' before hitting submit.

Enjoy your new card.

Jax
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Established Contributor
CanDoAttitude

Gooooooood Morning Jubeyy! :smileyhappy:

Super Congrats on the new card! :smileyhappy:

Finally getting a 4-digit limit credit card is a terrific feeling.
It's even better when that first card is with American Express.
You're in great hands right now. Take care of it and AMEX
will take wonderful care of you. :smileyhappy:

Once again, Congratulations on the new card.
What a great way to start the day! :smileyhappy:

CanDo

"The right attitude is everything"
Established Contributor
Uniqua

Congrats on the new Amex card, Jubeyy. Nice CL too. Don't calm down, get up and dance! :smileyhappy:

If you are using IE, when you hit "enter" the paragraphs will break automatically. You will also see a tool bar above the message box for formatting text, smileys, spell check, etc.

If you are using Firefox, there is no tool bar above the message box and you may need to install an extension to be able to format the text. Not sure. However, in Firefox, directly under the message box is the text "automatically convert carriage returns to HTML breaks."  Check that box and your paragraphs will separate wherever you have a hard return.

Starting Score: TU 723, EQ 708
Current Score: TU 796, EQ 743
Goal Score: TU 800, EQ 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Starting Score: 708
Current Score: 743
Goal Score: 800

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

[ Edited ]

Jubeyy wrote:

... By the way...how do you format text here? I use tab and space bar and it looks nicely broken up into several paragraphs in the preview....but when it posts....it's one looooong paragraph.

Congrats on the new plastic, and welcome to the forums!

Are you in Firefox? If so, there's a little check box at the bottom left that you have to click to preserve your paragraphs, where it says "Automatically convert carriage returns to HTML line breaks." It has to be clicked each time, including for quotes and edits, so you might want to change your settings to where it's permanently on.

Look up at the top of your screen, next to your name, and click "My Profile." When it opens up, click on "Preferences", and then slide down until you see "Use WYSIWYG Message Editor." You want it to be turned off, so if there's a check mark there, click again so that it goes away. Then be sure to slide down a bit further and check "Save all changes."

When you get back to a post and you want to reply, look down at the bottom left of the text box again, and you should see that the box is already (and always) checked.

I prefer Firefox to IE, but it definitely has its quirks here on the forums. It did force me to learn html editing, though, so that was entertaining!

edit to add: sorry, uniqua, just saw your post! I got interrupted while staggering through mine, and you beat me.

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 06-07-2008 06:18 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Established Contributor
Uniqua

Wow! Thanx, Hauling. I didn't even know about the "preferences" menu. But, do you know if there's an extension for Firefox that can be used for text editing?

Starting Score: TU 723, EQ 708
Current Score: TU 796, EQ 743
Goal Score: TU 800, EQ 800

Starting Score: 708
Current Score: 743
Goal Score: 800

Super Contributor
concorduser

:smileyhappy:
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Uniqua wrote:
Wow! Thanx, Hauling. I didn't even know about the "preferences" menu. But, do you know if there's an extension for Firefox that can be used for text editing?

What kind of editing are you trying to do?

I'm sure that you do this, but many new members don't use the "Preview Post" link at the bottom left. I find it really helpful when I'm replying to someone who used IE, and I quote their message, and I have yards and yards of white space to clear off. :smileytongue:
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Established Contributor
voidman

Congrats!!!
-void
Valued Member
Ally_j135

Am very jealous but super HAPPY for u !!! Tell us your secrets.....what kind of Amex is it?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}