Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update on citi mastercard vs world mastercard

tag
keithc
Regular Contributor

update on citi mastercard vs world mastercard

talked with csr and she told only certain world mastercards were npsl cards. my plat. select world mastercard was not. she told me to go to website and do a pc to a npsl card. i told her no b/c im only 9 pts away from 760 on eq.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
xboxrunner
Regular Contributor

Re: update on citi mastercard vs world mastercard

I on't think you can upgrade through their website. I'm pretty sure you have to call in--even then some CSR's have no idea what a World or World Elite card are. lol

Transunion - 820 (9/8/21)
Equifax Fico 8 - 832 (9/8/21)
Vantagescore - 821 (3/20/21)
Message 2 of 10
bribro
Valued Contributor

@keithc wrote:

talked with csr and she told only certain world mastercards were npsl cards. my plat. select world mastercard was not. she told me to go to website and do a pc to a npsl card. i told her no b/c im only 9 pts away from 760 on eq.

That CSR may be wrong. I was under the impression that ALL MC World cards are NPSL. Can anyone else confirm?

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 3 of 10
lanc
Regular Contributor

Every World Mastercard I've seen is npsl.  I know Cap1 does report the limit though so I guess the bigger question is does Citi report the limit on it's world...

Message 4 of 10
bribro
Valued Contributor

My Citi Dividend World MC does indeed report the CL to CRAs.

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 5 of 10
keithc
Regular Contributor

well i did talk tofronline rep but she put me on hold 4 a few min. and talked to her sup. i dont think both of them would b misinformed. my credit limit is 5300. she did say i could pc but would b hard pull. i declined b/c im so close to 760 eq fico. i have a citi plat. select world mastercard.

Message 6 of 10
laz98
Senior Contributor

They changed our Plat Select to a World version a few months ago, same CL & everything.  Reports exactly the way it did before.

Message 7 of 10
drkaje
Senior Contributor

I have 2 World cards (Cash Returns and Diamond Preferred) from Citi. Both report limits..... and balances, LOL!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 10
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

I don't have Citi, I have Barclay's. The way it was explained to me is that you HAVE a CL (which some CCs report and some don't). But with the world mc, you can go beyond that CL w/o penalty. But it may need to be approved first. So, I guess it gives you a little leeway should you need it.

So, it's kind of NPSL and kind of not. Smiley Happy (Even Amex charge cards have an internal limit; we just don't see it.)

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 9 of 10
bribro
Valued Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

I don't have Citi, I have Barclay's. The way it was explained to me is that you HAVE a CL (which some CCs report and some don't). But with the world mc, you can go beyond that CL w/o penalty. But it may need to be approved first. So, I guess it gives you a little leeway should you need it.

So, it's kind of NPSL and kind of not. Smiley Happy (Even Amex charge cards have an internal limit; we just don't see it.)

It's usually called a "credit access line." You can go over that line, but must pay off anything over that amount, in full, by the next month. You can only revolve the amount beneath your CAL. It's the same thing as a NPSL.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.