Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update with the CRA's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

update with the CRA's

I don't know if anyone can answer this , but how long does it take for the CRA's to update after credit card company posts their statement?  Was just wanting to get a general idea.  My credit utilization was 65% and I paid that off and was very curious to how much my score might be affected.  Thanks for any and all replys

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: update with the CRA's

Smiley Happy It usually takes about 2-5 days depending on the bureau. EQ seems to be the last to update. All my personal card statements close on the 6th and EX is usually updated by the 8th, TU by the 10th and EQ around the 11th. Thats my experience, it may vary.
Message 2 of 6
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Yeah it takes a few days after the statement. Bear in mind not every issuer reports right after the statement. For example, US Bank reports at the month's end regardless of when the statement is.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both for the replys.  This is with Capital One and the nice lady I talked to on the phone that they report when the statement goes out which for me was at the close of business on the 25th of September.  I figure that they wouldn't do anything on the weekends.  Not sure what kind of jump I am going to get, but I should at least get something.  Guess I am just anxious, been rebuilding my credit for the past 6 months

Message 4 of 6
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you both for the replys.  This is with Capital One and the nice lady I talked to on the phone that they report when the statement goes out which for me was at the close of business on the 25th of September.  I figure that they wouldn't do anything on the weekends.  Not sure what kind of jump I am going to get, but I should at least get something.  Guess I am just anxious, been rebuilding my credit for the past 6 months

All of my major cards update four days after the statement is generated - Chase, Capital One, and Barclays.

My other Capital One card will generate a statement on the 6th, so I expect to see the lower balance reporting on the10th.

Message 5 of 6
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Typically a few days after statement cut but YMMV with each lender. Also keep in mind that just because the CCC reports it, doesn't necessarily mean the CRA will update right away.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.