Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade from Amx green to amx premier rewards gold card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

upgrade from Amx green to amx premier rewards gold card

hi folks,

my father in law has amx green since 2004 and is good if he upgrades it to amx premier rewards gold card ?

if yes would there be any change to member since on the credit report ?

i mean his amx green is since 2004 and if he gets amx premier rewards gold card that would be from 2011 so does it mean they'll remove amx green from his credit report and put amx premier rewards gold from 2011 ?

please letme know.

regards

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
blacklotus
Regular Contributor

Re: upgrade from Amx green to amx premier rewards gold card

Hello

The member date will be the same as Amex green.  Remember that the Amex PRG has a $175 annual fee.  I got one last year and they waived the fee the first year and gave me 10,000 points I believe it was after my first purchase or after I spent a certain amount over a certain timeframe.  Overall I am happy with this card.  I ran up some balances on my credit cards so I stopped using them and only use my Amex PRG card and PIF every month.  I use it for everything.Smiley Happy

BTW The only card that shows up at the amex site for me to upgrade this one to is the Platinum card.

TU Fico 736 EQ Fico 730 (December 2012)
Message 2 of 7
Ron1
Super Contributor

American Express will not change his account number. They didn't change when I upgraded my Gold to Premier Rewards Gold. They just mailed me the new card.

Ron.

Message 3 of 7
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I switched Amex charge card probably 6 times or so over the past 3 years. The only thing that ever changed was the color of my card.

No inqs, and pretty much no questions asked.

However, they won't let me switch out of the Zync card. If they would have told me I couldn't switch it once I got it I most likely wouldn't have done it.

Here we go again...
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks all of you for the reply .

so what you guys thing should he upgrade it to amx PRG or should stay with amx green ?

just to know which one is better ?

thanks.

Message 5 of 7
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks all of you for the reply .

so what you guys thing should he upgrade it to amx PRG or should stay with amx green ?

just to know which one is better ?

thanks.

Will it benefit you to upgrade? Will the benefit outweigh the additional fee's?

Just a few of the decisions for you to make. The ultimate decision is yours to make.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 6 of 7
score_building
Senior Contributor

@FretlessMayhem wrote:

I switched Amex charge card probably 6 times or so over the past 3 years. The only thing that ever changed was the color of my card.

No inqs, and pretty much

no questions asked.

However, they won't let me switch out of the Zync card.If they would have told me I couldn't switch it once I got it I most likely wouldn't have done it.

Did you receive the Zync back dated to the issue date of your oldest card?

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.