Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade to venture

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

upgrade to venture

Just called Capital one and requested upgrade from QS to Venture.  I was upgraded to the one with no annual membership fee and 1.5 miles.  

Just called on a whim and Bam it happened.  There is always great advice on myfico.  Everyone is always so open and honest about helping others

I am ready to TRAVEL!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: upgrade to venture

nice card but....

QS 1.5%

V1 1.25%

no bonus

"Earn unlimited 1.25 miles per dollar on every purchase. Plus, earn 20,000 bonus miles once you spend $1,000 on purchases within the first 3"

Message 2 of 6
wasCB14
Super Contributor

PCing from VentureOne to QS makes more sense. You get a bigger bonus with VentureOne, and then switch to the better earn rate of QS.

Maybe you were starting with a QS1 (with an AF)? You're definitely confused about their products, one way or another.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 6
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I believe you're confusing the Venture and the VentureOne. Venture earns 2x points that can be redeemed for travel and has a $59 AF while VentureOne has 1.25x points that can be redeemed for travel and no AF. Either way, you're missing out on a spend bonus by PCing rather than just straight applying. But congrats nonetheless.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may wanna check that PC my friend
Message 5 of 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just called Capital one and requested upgrade from QS to Venture.  I was upgraded to the one with no annual membership fee and 1.5 miles.  

Just called on a whim and Bam it happened.  There is always great advice on myfico.  Everyone is always so open and honest about helping others

I am ready to TRAVEL!

As long as you're happy that's all that matters, but you really need to check out the PC you just requested.

Venture has 2% rewards (equivalent) but you will need to spend at least $12k per year to make up for the annual fee ($59).  If you got the Venture One, the rewards are only 1.25% with no annual fee (with restrictions on redemption), but you just gave up 1.5% with no restrictions to get it.

The good news is that if you realize you made a mistake, you can PC back to QS in six months.  Smiley Wink

Sidenote:  Don't get confused by Capital One's "miles" marketing... it's really just cash-back equivalent.  It's not "miles" like you would get with MR or UR points.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.