Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrading credit card.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

upgrading credit card.

Quick question. I received an off from CapOne to upgrade from platinum to a venture rewards card. My question is will up grading give me a hard inquiry on my credit report?

Thanks

Joe

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

Re: upgrading credit card.

Usually not, especially if they contacted you. That probably means they prescreened you with a soft pull. It wouldn't hurt to call them and make sure.

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
LisaPA
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Quick question. I received an off from CapOne to upgrade from platinum to a venture rewards card. My question is will up grading give me a hard inquiry on my credit report?

Thanks

Joe

If this is the letter in the mail that a lot of us have gotten, no. I took the offer and there was no hard pull, just a product change. They told me it was for being a good customer.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know about Cap1 but my Bo A directly send me a new CC. I was shocked to see new CC so called up customer service to find out about he new card and I was notified that they have upgraded my account.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.