Reply
Established Member
Feather_Hat
Posts: 107
Registered: ‎12-12-2013
0

upon CC decline..

hey guys, i was wondering abt CC decline and our rights to know the info.

i heard that once we get C declined, we get a chance to see credit history and score for free for once.

is this true? if so, how do we get it?

New Contributor
DomoNomo
Posts: 101
Registered: ‎10-31-2013
0

Re: upon CC decline..

[ Edited ]

Feather_Hat wrote:

hey guys, i was wondering abt CC decline and our rights to know the info.

i heard that once we get C declined, we get a chance to see credit history and score for free for once.

is this true? if so, how do we get it?


Yes, which ever credit bureau they pull, you get to request a copy of your Credit Report from that bureau within 60 days.  The letter you get in will tell you how.




TU=779 (3 HP) | EX=767 (10 HP) | EQ=759 (2 HP)
Established Member
Feather_Hat
Posts: 107
Registered: ‎12-12-2013
0

Re: upon CC decline..

thanks heaps !


DomoNomo wrote:

Feather_Hat wrote:

hey guys, i was wondering abt CC decline and our rights to know the info.

i heard that once we get C declined, we get a chance to see credit history and score for free for once.

is this true? if so, how do we get it?


Yes, which ever credit bureau they pull, you get to request a copy of your Credit Report from that bureau within 60 days.  The letter you get in will tell you how.


 

Community Leader
Mega Contributor
coldnmn
Posts: 15,104
Registered: ‎08-08-2011
0

Re: upon CC decline..

You get the free report but not the score.

My Wallet /US Bank Cash+ Signature $10,000/ Ace US Bank Signature $10,000 / Sam's Mastercard $8500
/ Walmart Mastercard $8000 / Discover IT $5000 / Care Credit $5000
/ Husqvarna $5000 / PayPal SmartConnect $4800 / Cap1 Quicksilver $4000 / Barclay Ring $3550
Last App 8/12/14 /

Valued Contributor
FinStar
Posts: 6,633
Registered: ‎10-21-2012
0

Re: upon CC decline..


Feather_Hat wrote:

hey guys, i was wondering abt CC decline and our rights to know the info.

i heard that once we get C declined, we get a chance to see credit history and score for free for once.

is this true? if so, how do we get it?


The declined letter should provide you with the score and the range used.  You can request the CR depending on which one was pulled.  You will not get a free score from the CRAs.

Super Contributor
longtimelurker
Posts: 7,705
Registered: ‎04-22-2013
0

Re: upon CC decline..

I believe that they only need to provide a CR reference if it was a factor used in making the decision.   So if an issuer has internal records noting an unpaid charge off they can deny your application and you are then not entitled to a free report.  In this situation they shouldn't have pulled  your credit anyway.

Valued Contributor
annielorie
Posts: 1,206
Registered: ‎02-19-2012
0

Re: upon CC decline..


Try reckoning before you just wait for letter it can't hurt:smileywink:

 


Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Valued Contributor
FinStar
Posts: 6,633
Registered: ‎10-21-2012
0

Re: upon CC decline..

I'm fairly certain the OP may be aware that this may pose a challenge given his current profile and other factors that influenced not getting approved.  It also depends which CC was applied for.

Established Member
Feather_Hat
Posts: 107
Registered: ‎12-12-2013
0

Re: upon CC decline..

thanks guys for many comments !

i was wondering abt free credit checks becuase i heard it somewhere and couldn't varify through google search XD haha


thanks again !

Valued Contributor
FinStar
Posts: 6,633
Registered: ‎10-21-2012
0

Re: upon CC decline..

[ Edited ]

Feather_Hat wrote:

thanks guys for many comments !

i was wondering abt free credit checks becuase i heard it somewhere and couldn't varify through google search XD haha


thanks again !


If declined (or did not receive the best credit terms), you can normally request a free copy of your CR depending on the agency that was used for the credit decision.  Otherwise, you can get (1) set of complimentary reports from all 3 CRAs annually from www.annualcreditreport.com

 


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}