Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upto 7.5%+rewards (Chase Trifecta)

tag
distantarray
Established Contributor

upto 7.5%+rewards (Chase Trifecta)

My Calculations were wrong =O

I figured since I been telling people about Chase Trifecta a lot and the Sapphire card I figure I should make atleast 1 post to fix it lol

Chase Sapphire travel rewards bonus are worth 25% not 20% lol

So non Category purchase of Sapphire point = 1 point + 7% annual bonus + 25% if used for travel = worth about 34% more for 1.34%. with Category purchases at 2.68% Instead of 2.57%

Now where the bonus really comes in you can transfer your 5% Freedom Categories to Sapphire and redeem 25% more, so that makes 6.25% for Category purchases making it the highest rewards % through this combo out of any card. Also coupled with checking you get 10 extra points for every checking/freedom purchase.

So you would actually average higher than 6.25% + 10 points for every transaction through Freedom. So if you made $1000 in spending with average of Freedom category spending through 100 transactions  ($10 each transaction average)+ 10points bonus each transaction = 7,500 points for travel.  

5000 points for category Freedom card spending ($1000)  and 100 transactions at 10 point Freedom / checking bonus  (1,000 points) + 25% bonus (1500)   (Sapphire travel redemption)   = making this card effectively worth 7.5% per dollar spent!

Not to mention the Ultimate Rewards portal gives 12 extra points per Restaurants.com purchases, or 10 extra points at Apple store this Nov 28th, etc. Probably the best member rewards mall I've seen. So if your a frugal shopper and likes to bargin shop, and like to deal with a few things shop around through the reward mall, like everyone likes steaks lol, they make a nice Christmas gift Smiley Wink get huge discounts on that usually with the rewards mall. (i dunno i'm just a guy lol, I like steaks as presents =)

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RonDawg
Contributor

Re: upto 7.5%+rewards (Chase Trifecta)

@distantarray wrote:

My Calculations were wrong =O

I figured since I been telling people about Chase Trifecta a lot and the Sapphire card I figure I should make atleast 1 post to fix it lol

Chase Sapphire travel rewards bonus are worth 25% not 20% lol

So non Category purchase of Sapphire point = 1 point + 7% annual bonus + 25% if used for travel = worth about 34% more for 1.34%. with Category purchases at 2.68% Instead of 2.57%

Now where the bonus really comes in you can transfer your 5% Freedom Categories to Sapphire and redeem 25% more, so that makes 6.25% for Category purchases making it the highest rewards % through this combo out of any card. Also coupled with checking you get 10 extra points for every checking/freedom purchase.

So you would actually average higher than 6.25% + 10 points for every transaction through Freedom. So if you made $1000 in spending with average of Freedom category spending through 100 transactions  ($10 each transaction average)+ 10points bonus each transaction = 7,500 points for travel.  

5000 points for category Freedom card spending ($1000)  and 100 transactions at 10 point Freedom / checking bonus  (1,000 points) + 25% bonus (1500)   (Sapphire travel redemption)   = making this card effectively worth 7.5% per dollar spent!

Not to mention the Ultimate Rewards portal gives 12 extra points per Restaurants.com purchases, or 10 extra points at Apple store this Nov 28th, etc. Probably the best member rewards mall I've seen. So if your a frugal shopper and likes to bargin shop, and like to deal with a few things shop around through the reward mall, like everyone likes steaks lol, they make a nice Christmas gift Smiley Wink get huge discounts on that usually with the rewards mall. (i dunno i'm just a guy lol, I like steaks as presents =)

yeah the guy at the chase branch was really trying to sell me hard on a checking account with them saying I was qualified for the $200.00 promo they were doing, he was a nice guy but I don't need another checking account and besides their accounts are kind of spendy.  I have had a relationship with US Bank for a long time.  I was invited to his branch by phone call to talk about my Chase Freedom card. When he called me I was so freaked out something was wrong with my Freedom account that I came in and spoke with him thats when I found out  All he was trying to do was sell me a checking account lol

If he had spoke to me about the Saphire at the time I might have actually taken the account provided he was going to offer me the Saphire as well, but oh well it never came up. Life goes on lol

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.