Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

us bank "pre-approved" offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

us bank "pre-approved" offer

well made my monthly trek to pay the mort and had to go through my usual (over a year now) story. it's really funny when i get a new teller (diff branch or new employee usually), i give them my ss# to call up my account. then i wait for the confused look. after a second or two i cave and explain i'm not the guy in california w/that ss#. then explain that i was told it was likely a data entry error and every month i'm told thier security protocol's will clean it up (hasn't yet).

on one of my trips i was told that this fellow even has a cc attached to that (my) ss#. now i know what you're thinking and there is no mention of it on any of my reports so it's clearly an internal us bank thing.

well today i was joking and said why don't you guys just go ahead and mail me a card for that account. the teller laughs and says well you are pre-approved.

ok it just got serious! the interigation begins.

by pre-approved what do you mean?
well the offer comes up when i click on your name.

what's the terms?
12 months 0% on purchases and 5.99% for 60 months. (current card holders check your offers!)

what's the limit?
it never shows us that.

how many of these "pre-approvals" are declined?
well if you come up pre-approved it's good. what's you're income?

i tell her. she says oh, you're fine.

i ask a teller that has been there a number of years.
deb how often are these "pre-approvals" declined?
maybe 2 out of 10 get turned down.

back to original teller.
do they want hhi or just me?
she taps and says the offer is only for you, not your wife.

do you show her listed on the mort?
yes, but i don't see any pre-approvals for her.

well obviously some screening has been done, great terms, known to soft auto cli, have my mort w/them, decided to pull the trigger (even though i'm not fond of us bank).

teller took my info and said someone would call with the decision.

wish me luck.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

Re: us bank "pre-approved" offer

what a nice suprise, congrats. Perhaps I should actually step into my bank some day.Smiley Very Happy
Message 2 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I got a pre-app from US Bank, and after doing some research, it looked tempting, but I'd already done my banzai app-o-rama by then. They look like a good, non-flashy bank.

That's a heck of a deal for 60 months! Never heard of such a thing.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 9
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

I kept the US Bank Pre-app I received, just for kicks -- it's 8.99 for life, no AF, and what they call a 'generous' credit limit.

The bad news -- no rewards and no BT specials

But it's good thru July 31st..  Hehehehehe!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

well they have made a ton of money off me (my mort rate is 9.65) so hopefully they will be "generous" if they approve me.
Message 5 of 9
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

imducky wrote:
well they have made a ton of money off me (my mort rate is 9.65) so hopefully they will be "generous" if they approve me.

In that case Wells Fargo (well, the neglected abused sub-prime arm of WF) should love me for my 10.35 pct mtg.  (Oh wow, it dropped a whole point from 11.35!  I can't wait to refi this puppy.)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had my mortgage through USBank for 10 years and a bank account for 2-3 yrs. Do you know if you just go to a teller and check for preapproved offers or can you call the 800#?  I normally receive horrible service from the 800# though.  Just wondering if I may have an offer and don't about it.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

PurpleHaze wrote:
I have had my mortgage through USBank for 10 years and a bank account for 2-3 yrs. Do you know if you just go to a teller and check for preapproved offers or can you call the 800#?  I normally receive horrible service from the 800# though.  Just wondering if I may have an offer and don't about it.

not sure, this is the first pre-approval i've been advised of.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

almost forgot a little follow up.

called the branch the other day and was told declined. i asked why. said debt to income (roughly 60%, but dw salary was not on the app) and slow pays. i said what, i have no lates? she said my score was 706 and started asking some questions.

one was who do you bank with? i said dccu, cdcfcu. she said OH, YOU'RE WITH THE CREDIT UNIONS! i said well i do have an account at nat city as well. she said she would call the underwriter and see what she could do.

i was very amused about the obvious anemosity she had with my cu relationships.

if i don't get the card that's ok. i really wasn't looking for a new account yet and i really don't care too much for us bank, the only reason i pulled the trigger was the high approval rate and the great terms.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.