Frequent Contributor

Re: us bank

what happen to your credit line??
myFICO - EQ: 776 EX: 763 TU: 791
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry accidenatl discharge on this post, maybe took too long to type.

anyway, my amex cl? glad you asked.

amex first gave me 2k, cli'd 60 days later to 4k (my rqst). shortly after that i go to dinner and give the delta some action. log on to make sure what i put on it was all that was charged, bam available credit 3 hundred some odd bucks.

call amex, rep answers i'm i'm ms. amex (not the usual jane or joe, but ms.). i ask what gives? rep says looks like you have some lates on your mort. i contest because it's wrong! rep says call back in the morning.

i call ask the same question, get the same response. i say prove it. rep transfers me. i explain what happened and ask how to correct it. rep says well i don't see any lates, but you did obtain or refinance a mort in the last 7-10 years.

i say ok and that's a bad thing? rep say not really bad, but you have opened a number of new accounts and increased your available credit. i say yes that's true, but why did amex lower my cl and lie to me about it? she apologizes for the initial reason and says that with obtaining all the new credit amex "re-adjusted" my limit, and that i could request an adjustment in 6 months.

i explain that i'm sorry that my other issuers have outpaced amex and i went from sub prime hsbc to us bank for my mort what's the problem? she said amex has seen that people who obtain large amounts of credit will pay thier mort before thier cc's. i said i understand this and it's certainly a more reasonalbe answer than claiming lates on my mort. i go on to explain that there is still some prestige associated with american express so i will leave the account open, but if amex wants to "re-adjust" my credit line in 6 months they will do so on thier own as i will never ask amex for anything again.

i cancelled credit secure and haven't made a charge on it since. i did switch from delta to blue because they aren't even getting an annual fee out of me.
Message 3 of 7
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

I just paid mine to Zero today.  I'm thinking about giving them a CR (customer review) and closing it for good.  You ever get a denial letter for a CLI from Amex? Good Lawd!!  They really try to rip on you!  I hate the idea of them disecting people after they issue a card.  The time for that is BEFORE the card is issued.  I mean really, who needs a card that their scared to use?
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 4 of 7
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

So Ducky, it seems that you were AA'd by Amex for getting CLIs?

I guess it's a good thing they soft me on EX. A lot of my new accounts don't report on it for some reason.
Here we go again...
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

FretlessMayhem wrote:

I guess it's a good thing they soft me on EX. A lot of my new accounts don't report on it for some reason.

cli's on top of new accounts.

amex softs all 3 for me and my wife you is an au on my account. they are nosey that way, not to mention they have triggers that tell them when you app, have a balance on other cards, or get a derog (on any of the 3).
Message 6 of 7
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FretlessMayhem wrote:

cli's on top of new accounts.
amex softs all 3 for me and my wife you is an au on my account. they are nosey that way, not to mention they have triggers that tell them when you app, have a balance on other cards, or get a derog (on any of the 3).

No kidding? I had no idea.
Here we go again...
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.