SIlver:

Valued Contributor

Re: us bank

Thanks mslady

SIlver:

Frequent Contributor

Stonemanmv wrote:
Just got it in April. I just talked with credit rep and she said that there were no offers right now. She said to call back in about 3 weeks to check. Oh we'll at least I got my CLI

It took over 3 months of having my CL at 5000 before I got an offer in the mail for a new Cash+. 

As posted in another thread, I was able to redeem that offer over the phone to PC my Platinum into a Cash+.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/US-Bank-Cash-PC/m-p/2299307#M646693

Just be patient and call up Cardmember Services every few weeks to see if you have any offers to redeem.

FICO: EX 800, EQ 819, TU 824

Valued Contributor

Brax thanks for the info. How so you like your cash+

SIlver:

Valued Contributor

Thanks Lexie

SIlver:

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Brax wrote:

Stonemanmv wrote:
Just got it in April. I just talked with credit rep and she said that there were no offers right now. She said to call back in about 3 weeks to check. Oh we'll at least I got my CLI

It took over 3 months of having my CL at 5000 before I got an offer in the mail for a new Cash+. 

As posted in another thread, I was able to redeem that offer over the phone to PC my Platinum into a Cash+.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/US-Bank-Cash-PC/m-p/2299307#M646693

Just be patient and call up Cardmember Services every few weeks to see if you have any offers to redeem.

I had my platinum for 6 months before I decided to call (last night, actually) and they were able to PC my card to a cash+

My platinum started with 8.5K, my highest credit limit, so that wasn't a problem. Too bad they didn't suggest this in the bank back in April...

Also, they reduced my APR from 15.99% down to 14.25% without my asking.

Valued Contributor

That's nice. I guess I'll just keep checking.

SIlver:

Senior Contributor

FinStar... What was your FICO when you got your US Bank card?
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, I don't know about FinStar. But I can certainly tell you my Fico scores when I obtained each of my US Bank cards this year.

January I applied for my first unsecured card, after having a $1000 secured US Bank card for 1 year. Applied for US Bank Platinum card. $8,500 CL. FICO 732

April Applied for my 4th unsecured card, a US Bank Cash+, received Cash Rewards instead. $6,500 CL. FICO 709

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.