Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usbank 6 month auto cli still?

tag
ottergo4
Contributor

usbank 6 month auto cli still?

Was wondering if anyone has called into usbank lately requesting an automated cli. I got 1500 around the end of August 09, so it's about 6 months and was wondering if they are still doing that.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Established Contributor

Re: usbank 6 month auto cli still?

I received a $1500, call in, soft pull increase on August 15th 2009. I called into US Bank February 22nd 2010 and received another $1500 soft pull increase.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope so b/c I'm do for 1 in 3 days.
Message 3 of 11
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Had mine for 13 months, still the same CL as when I started
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 4 of 11
ottergo4
Contributor

Thanks plasticman, that was the exact answer I was looking for!  Will give it a try in a few days.

Message 5 of 11
Established Contributor

You are welcome.

I now wait for approximately 5 to 7 days to pass, beyond exactly 6 months, before I call in for the increase.

I have called in the past, only a couple of days beyond exactly six months, and the increase was not yet in the system. So, I waited a few days longer, on the same increase, to call in again and it was there waiting for me, YMMV.

edited for clarity

Message Edited by plasticman on 02-26-2010 10:08 PM
Message 6 of 11
manyquestions
Established Contributor

Does us bank let you combine cards? If you get a linux card with a 15k limit and another US Bank card with a 15k limit, can you close one and combine  into the other for a 30k limit?
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Regarding US Bank and CLI increases, I asked for a CLI yesterday, and I wanted to let everybody know about my experience because there are some important distinctions between what you ask for and wether it will wind up being a soft inquiry or a hard inquiry. I have had their unsecured "select rewards platinum" card for a year and 3 months. Initial limit of 2K. They have never called me and asked if I would like a credit increase, and there has never been any link on my online account or "luv button" as it is referred to here. As a result of doing some reading on FICO forums I called their customer service # yesterday and asked for a CLI increase in the amount of 1500.00 as others have apparently done so sucessfully based on what I have read. I clarified at least 5 times with the CSR that under no circumstances did I want a hard inquiry on my credit report, and she assured me very clearly and explicitly that there would be no hard hit- soft pull only. I have learned never to trust bank CSR's so I told her to go ask her supervisor and make absolutely, positively sure that there would be no hard inquiry. She did so and came back and reassured me that there would absolutely, positively be no hard inquiry as per her supervisor. She asked me a couple of questions about my household income ( single/45K), where I worked, and wether I rented or pwned a house ( rent ) She said the account would be sent off for review and they would let me know the result in 48-72 hours. So I checked my credit report today ( I have credit monitoring with Transunion / truecredit ), and guess what- they did a hard hit on Transunion! I did recieve the 1500 increase, but I called USbank and raised holy hell about the hard inquiry. Apparently the CSR sent my request for an increase off to "Underwriting" dept. which always does hard hit inquiries no matter what. Underwriting agreed to sens a request to transunion to remove the inquiry, but they said that that could take months. Having battled the CRA's before, I am thinking that it would more likely take years to get it removed- if ever. The CRA's are worse than the IRS, the DMV, and the Post Office combined in my experienced- just pure unadulterated evil as far as I am conscerned- .... anyhoo, I just wanted to warn anybody who asks for a CLI from US bank that you MUST specify that you only want an " account performance review" actually done right then and there by the CSR, and you should specify that you do NOT want it sent to the underwriting dept, or you WILL get a hard hit no matter what the idiot CSR tells you. I just wanted to share that info because the contributors to this forum have been so very helpful in helping me get my credit straightened out. I am trying to get a house in late 2010 and am trying to build my scores to get a good rate.

EQU- 677, TRU-680, EXP- Who knows... impossible to get EXP true FICO but PLUS score is 701

Message 8 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Yikes! Welcome to the forums, at least in the posting department!

Thank you for your post, and especially because it is so very clear and has such useful advice. It's so useful to have the correct buzz words when talking to a CSR.

I hope that the inq comes off soon. The way this works is that the lender recodes the inquiry to soft, so supposedly the CRA will change it on your next update. You obviously know the shakiness of this, but I have had good luck with lenders correcting info that they sent in, with pretty quick results, so I hope that you see the same.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 11
blacklotus
Regular Contributor

TyHarris:  I liked that post.  Most times I talk to CSR it's like talking to an answering machine.  Their responses are very scripted and I think it is this way for legal reasons.  Have you tried just opening another card or line of credit instead of getting an increase?  I mean if you can't be sure about hard/soft why not just app?  I'm at the point now where I think I have apped so much that apping for add'l credit won't even affect my scores- just wether or not I get the credit line!  I'm serious about this.

TU Fico 736 EQ Fico 730 (December 2012)
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.