Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uuggggghhhhhh!!! Amex overseas call centers

tag
Kevin86475391
Frequent Contributor

Re: uuggggghhhhhh!!! Amex overseas call centers

@kdm31091 wrote:

Unfortunately most companies have moved to overseas support. Citi, Barclay and BOA come to mind as having barely-speak-English reps unless you call the higher ups.  Just the way of the world I guess

I thought BofA had US call centers. It's been several months since I last called them, but every time in the past it seemed like a US call center.

I agree though, Discover and Chase have great customer service!

And yeah, Citi is terrible. It's always so frustrating calling them. If I didn't like the DC so much I wouldn't deal with Citi.

Message 11 of 16
Kevin86475391
Frequent Contributor

@barbaralee wrote:

I think you missed the point I was making with Amex customer service, though. I was not saying they are good... I was saying that I live in a city with a large immigrant population AND there is a company based here that handles Amex personal cards. Just because one has an accent does not mean they are not in the U.S. My mother's east Asian accent is so thick people can't understand her when she is on the phone.... even though she has lived in west Texas for the last 30 years. 

LOL, as a fellow Texan, you sure it's not because she's lived in west Texas for the last 30 years?   Smiley Tongue

When I speak with non-native English speakers I often find that they have as much trouble understanding me as I do understanding them.

Message 12 of 16
kdm31091
Super Contributor

BOA does have some US reps but sometimes they are overseas. Depends what time you call I guess
Message 13 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Simple answer call the Amex Platinum number and hopefully they can serve you even if you don't have the Plat card as it is us based among most of their business cards..  Guranteed on-shore..  My Barclay's Hawaiian airlines CC is always on-shores as well.  Depends not only on CC company, but also card.  Also Chase follows same depending on card whether on-shore or off-shore..  I get auto routed on any card I call on now w/regards to chase to JPM as once you get a card with JPM and not chase it appears whatever # you call they re-route you as you are I guess more "valued" thus the better CS answered in one ring usually

Message 14 of 16
barbaralee
Established Contributor

@Kevin86475391 wrote:

@barbaralee wrote:

I think you missed the point I was making with Amex customer service, though. I was not saying they are good... I was saying that I live in a city with a large immigrant population AND there is a company based here that handles Amex personal cards. Just because one has an accent does not mean they are not in the U.S. My mother's east Asian accent is so thick people can't understand her when she is on the phone.... even though she has lived in west Texas for the last 30 years. 

LOL, as a fellow Texan, you sure it's not because she's lived in west Texas for the last 30 years?   Smiley Tongue

When I speak with non-native English speakers I often find that they have as much trouble understanding me as I do understanding them.

Yeah, I am sure that is what it is as well! Goes along with the other mannerisms that she picked up after becoming a naturalized Texan (her belt buckle is the size of her head Smiley Very Happy). 

Years ago I bought some pears from a man in Arkansas and I could not understand a damn word he said to me. I did understand when he said "pear" which he pronounced "par". Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Message 15 of 16
Kevin86475391
Frequent Contributor

@barbaralee wrote:

@Kevin86475391 wrote:

@barbaralee wrote:

Yeah, I am sure that is what it is as well! Goes along with the other mannerisms that she picked up after becoming a naturalized Texan (her belt buckle is the size of her head Smiley Very Happy). 

Years ago I bought some pears from a man in Arkansas and I could not understand a damn word he said to me. I did understand when he said "pear" which he pronounced "par". Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

LOL, very true! Everything's bigger in Texas and that goes double for the belt buckles Smiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.