Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

venture card arrived

tag
Jeff532003
Frequent Contributor

Re: venture card arrived

The venture card is only a signature card. The minimum SL is 5k. The venture one can be either as it starts at 3.5 I do believe. The thing you have to decide is whether the 79 af if worth it to you. For me it is as I enjoy traveling and the 2x rewards will definitely outweighs the fee vs the 1.5x on the venture one. That's essentially the same value per dollar as the quicksilver which I already have.
I know what you mean about the 3 pulls but unless you have some big app sprees coming it's probably worth it. I won't be app'ing for anything other than the new JetBlue card for the next 2 years so I just took it. My Inq are high enough anyway haha. What's one more on each.
Capital One Venture- 10k, Quicksilver 3.5k, QS MC- 5.8 k, Venture One 5k| Chase Amazon 2k | American Express PRG- NPSL, JetBlue TrueBlue-2k | Bank of America Cash Rewards- 2k | DIscover IT- 1.3k | Barclay's Rewards MC- 1.3k | Greylock FCU (elan)- 500 | BJ's Perks Mastercard 3k | Overstock - 1k| Express - 750 | J Crew 4.3k | Orbitz Visa 2k| Walmart 700 |
TU FICO 5/14 - 520 | FICO 2/15 - 704 | FICO 6/21 - 702 |
Message 11 of 20
JamP
Valued Contributor

Got my VentureOne card today 5k SL. Its a Visa Signature and the card itself is metal and heavy. Best looking\feeling card next to my BCE.

Very excited to get it. It's dark blue painted on top of a metal engraved card. Amazing.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 12 of 20
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

My initial CL on the Venture card was 20k. I requested a CLI the other day and am waitng on a response. My wife applied and was approved but we dont yet know her initial CL. If it is more than 20k I am going to take her out to dinner. Her FICO score is actually higher than mine so I might lose on this one.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 13 of 20
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

@JamP wrote:

Got my VentureOne card today 5k SL. Its a Visa Signature and the card itself is metal and heavy. Best looking\feeling card next to my BCE.

Very excited to get it. It's dark blue painted on top of a metal engraved card. Amazing.

These cards are metal?  My Venture One is plastic.

Gardening since 06/01/2016

Message 14 of 20
JamP
Valued Contributor

I have a QS1, QS, and a new VentureOne. The VentureOne is a metal card.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/What-d-ya-get-in-the-mail-today/m-p/4100138...

Is what it looks like. No wonder it took so long to come in the mail. It looks like they cut it out of a really thing piece of sheet metal.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 15 of 20
parkbuilder
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your approval! As soon as my reports update and scores increase I plan on applying for a Venture One myself.

Starting Score: TU 649 EX 632 EQ 603(6/15)
Current Score: TU 664 EX 666 EQ 637 (9/15)
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 20
Jeff532003
Frequent Contributor

I received mine today as well. One week from app to my door. Not to bad of a delivery time really. Amex came today also one week
Capital One Venture- 10k, Quicksilver 3.5k, QS MC- 5.8 k, Venture One 5k| Chase Amazon 2k | American Express PRG- NPSL, JetBlue TrueBlue-2k | Bank of America Cash Rewards- 2k | DIscover IT- 1.3k | Barclay's Rewards MC- 1.3k | Greylock FCU (elan)- 500 | BJ's Perks Mastercard 3k | Overstock - 1k| Express - 750 | J Crew 4.3k | Orbitz Visa 2k| Walmart 700 |
TU FICO 5/14 - 520 | FICO 2/15 - 704 | FICO 6/21 - 702 |
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my Venture last week. Definitely NOT metal. It's 100% plastic. No doubt about it. Wonder if this is a new feature Cap One is just starting to roll out on their premium Venture / Venture 1 ???
Message 18 of 20
JamP
Valued Contributor

Ok, if its not metal, its definitely thicker and heavier then any card in my list.

Has anyone gotten a new VentureOne in the last two days?

Please disregard my post unless someone else has gotten one lately.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 19 of 20
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Jeff532003 wrote:
The venture card is only a signature card. The minimum SL is 5k. The venture one can be either as it starts at 3.5 I do believe. The thing you have to decide is whether the 79 af if worth it to you. For me it is as I enjoy traveling and the 2x rewards will definitely outweighs the fee vs the 1.5x on the venture one. That's essentially the same value per dollar as the quicksilver which I already have.
I know what you mean about the 3 pulls but unless you have some big app sprees coming it's probably worth it. I won't be app'ing for anything other than the new JetBlue card for the next 2 years so I just took it. My Inq are high enough anyway haha. What's one more on each.

The annual fee for the Venture is only $59...just want to clarify that we're all on the same page Smiley Wink

Also, I would love to hear more input on if the card is plastic or metal; a low-AF metal card would be really cool!

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.