Contributor
heytherehitherehothere

wait to become AU before CLI request?

Wanting to become an AU on girlfriends Furniture Row Cap 1 card with 1,200 limit.

Should I do this before requesting a CLI on my Citi Simplicity?

The only reason I thought to do this is because I figured another free and clear card that I didn't app for,

with a 1,200 limit would DEFINITELY help my chances at getting the increase amount I want from Citi.

Any thoughts or does anyone know if these two things are related, credit wise?

1. Having a new limit would increase my available credit, lowering my util, increasing my score.

2. As a result of score increase, Citi grants CLI amount I'll request.

Something like that?

Regular Contributor
CotySinz

Re: wait to become AU before CLI request?

[ Edited ]

You could just request your CLI and see what happens - I don't see a 1,200 CL changing much so long as your util% is below 10% when you request it with your current cards you should be fine depending on how fat a CLI your looking for.

You also have to wait if you do the AU deal - for it to report on your reports if it will. Which could take like 60 days. (I don't really know much about AU)

Starting: 563 | Current: 753 (Walmart TU 11/12) | Goal: 800 | Garden since: 01/15/2013

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}