Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

waiving interest?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

waiving interest?

i got a citi card that got like $30 charge each month for 4 months due to some circumstances but you think citi will be willing to waive some since ill have the entire $3k balance paid by tmr?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: waiving interest?

Are you trying to say that you got $30/month interest charges for 4 months? Regardless of the circumstances, you revolved a balance and so it is still valid in the eyes of the Cardmember Agreement. Financial institutions have internal algorithms to determine your "worth" when making goodwill adjustments. The only people who can accurately tell you if Citi will be willing to waive any of those interest charges is Citi.
Message 2 of 3
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: waiving interest?

@Anonymous wrote:

i got a citi card that got like $30 charge each month for 4 months due to some circumstances but you think citi will be willing to waive some since ill have the entire $3k balance paid by tmr?

To give you a direct answer to your question, I've heard of banks waiving trailing interest as a courtesy and sometimes even for an extra month if there were circumstances, but it's always YMMV. 

Basically all we can do here is speculate; if you feel your circumstances warrant a courtesy waiver give them a call and ask, but just keep in mind that it will strictly be a courtesy if they do so, and they are by no means obligated.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.