Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

walmart GE card

tag
ddiamond
Valued Member

walmart GE card

I have had walmart's card through GE since June of this year with a CL of 300. I have yet to receive a cedit limit increase. Every time I ask for a credit limit increase, I am denied. I've heard that GE typically gives credit limit increases every four months, it's now october and still no increase. When I applied for the walmart card my score was around 540. My score has since then increased to 660 so why can't I get approved for a credit limit increase? Does anyone have an idea? I have other cards with Navy Fed with 3,500, and 3000 CL. So why am I stuck with 300 from walmart? Im also having the same problem with my old navy card from GE as well. Advice please!

Starting Score: 546
Current Score: 666
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
ALP
New Contributor

Re: walmart GE card

Try to keep your request's for CLI's on GEMB cards to a period of time exactly 4 months from the last CLI or four months from when you received your first statement on the card.   If you request it TOO many times early (e.g. 3 times in the 3rd month) they will deny you an increase for too many previous requests.  Since this is Walmart I can relay my CLI experience with them for the best results:

• Use the card at least 2-3 times during the four month period
  • Request your cli at balance of less than 50% of your current credit limit, or better yet, 0%.
  • When making your payments throughout the four month period, always pay more than the minimum if you can't PIF.

Hope this helps!

Starting Score: 610
Current Score: 676
TU: 678
Goal Score: 740

Message 2 of 13
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

I opened my card in 2/2010 with a $300 limit and after 4 months of payments when Junes statement cut off I got a $400 increase from $300 to $700
amazon
Message 3 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

DW has the card and I noticed they only will only grant a CLI if she makes 4 payments over 4 months, which differs from 4 statements since she will PIF from time to time.

Message 4 of 13
ddiamond
Valued Member

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your comments and advice. I checked my account today and I received a 400.00 increase. Now that my credit limit is 700 does anyone know what they are likely to increase my credit limit to in 4 months?

Starting Score: 546
Current Score: 666
Goal Score: 750

Message 5 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@ddiamond wrote:

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your comments and advice. I checked my account today and I received a 400.00 increase. Now that my credit limit is 700 does anyone know what they are likely to increase my credit limit to in 4 months?

I go the same CLI auto... just passed 4 months couple weeks ago and hit luv button... got $125! thanks GE. I don't even use the card anymore because I have super Target not walmart near me... I wanted upgrade to Discover but you can't do that over phone, something about apply and see if you get it!

Message 6 of 13
crazysxycool
Regular Contributor

Does anyone know if this is a soft inquiry if requesting a CLI?

Thanks.

Starting Score: TU: 663 EQ: 632 EX: ?
Current Score: TU: 721 (12/02/12) EQ: 704 (12/2012 via SW) EX: 712 (11/19/12 via Amex)
Goal Score: 700 (ALL)

Message 7 of 13
mross1080
Established Contributor

Yes they soft TU for me.

Message 8 of 13
crazysxycool
Regular Contributor

@mross1080 wrote:

Yes they soft TU for me.

Thanks Mross!  I got a whole whopping $75 increase!!  LMAO

Starting Score: TU: 663 EQ: 632 EX: ?
Current Score: TU: 721 (12/02/12) EQ: 704 (12/2012 via SW) EX: 712 (11/19/12 via Amex)
Goal Score: 700 (ALL)

Message 9 of 13
Datx
Valued Contributor

For those that got $75 - $125 increases, do you put high usage on your card? From what I read, GEMB likes to see alot of usage when doing CLI. Maybe that is a reason why they are handing out small CLI's. I haven't hit the 4th month mark with my Walmart card yet, but I have been doing pretty good about paying at least half of the balance when I can't PIF and making sure I put some good usage on it. I actually picked up some groceries last night from Walmart and made sure I put it on the card. 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.