Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

walmart GE card

tag
crazysxycool
Regular Contributor

Re: walmart GE card

@MyCreditStinks wrote:

For those that got $75 - $125 increases, do you put high usage on your card? From what I read, GEMB likes to see alot of usage when doing CLI. Maybe that is a reason why they are handing out small CLI's. I haven't hit the 4th month mark with my Walmart card yet, but I have been doing pretty good about paying at least half of the balance when I can't PIF and making sure I put some good usage on it. I actually picked up some groceries last night from Walmart and made sure I put it on the card. 

Hmmm...that could be true.  I only charged mine half way up and gradually paid off the balance without using it again.

Starting Score: TU: 663 EQ: 632 EX: ?
Current Score: TU: 721 (12/02/12) EQ: 704 (12/2012 via SW) EX: 712 (11/19/12 via Amex)
Goal Score: 700 (ALL)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MyCreditStinks wrote:

For those that got $75 - $125 increases, do you put high usage on your card? From what I read, GEMB likes to see alot of usage when doing CLI. Maybe that is a reason why they are handing out small CLI's. I haven't hit the 4th month mark with my Walmart card yet, but I have been doing pretty good about paying at least half of the balance when I can't PIF and making sure I put some good usage on it. I actually picked up some groceries last night from Walmart and made sure I put it on the card. 

Just to show how wonky CC issuers can be--

I've had a GEMB Walmart card since August of 2008 (one of my 'got it while rebuilding and regret getting it' cards). I've used the card five times... three times in 2008, two times in 2009. Used for smallish purchases ($100 to $300) and PIF within a day or so. It's been a year since the card has been used, period... I think I saw some dust bunnies setting up housekeeping on it, LOL! I've been waiting to see how long it will take for it to get closed by the lender for lack of use.

Still, I get a $125 CLI every four months, like clockwork. Zero use. Zero payments in a year. Three CLIs since that last payment. Go figure.

Message 12 of 13
Cleanmachine
Frequent Contributor

I’m not to sure about that. They seem to have a policy of not being consistent with their customers.

I opened my card in May, 2010 with a credit line of $950.00. Not sure why the unusual credit line. Come September, they sent me a letter congratulating me on obtaining a credit limit of $1000.00.

Are you serious????? A Fifty dollar ($50.00) increase.

To be fair, when we first opened the card we had “Zero” APR for the first six months, however, it was paid off in four months. The current APR is 22.90%

We pay the balance 5-days before to the closing date on line. It takes them 4-5days to credit the account.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.