cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

walmart card hit report...TWICE??? Drop 7 points..

tag
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

walmart card hit report...TWICE??? Drop 7 points..

Ok, my EQ was up to 695 I could taste the 700!! Then I look today and my walmart hit my CR reporting a balance of $160, instant drop to 688. Its a new card, I had no idea it would post the balance within days of using the card. Anyway water under the bridge, I paid it off in full. What do I do about the two new accounts-absolutely the same reporting? Or let it fix itself next walmart update?? Please advise and thanks!! Smiley Wink

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: walmart card hit report...TWICE??? Drop 7 points..

Off to the garden, let the seedlings grow and your score recovers, my score went from 720 to 685 because of a few new cards and higher UTL reporting.  In a few months the score will begin its slow rise again and you will be back and on your way to 700's again. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 2 of 7
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Not sure about the double account, but my walmart card updated like 3 days after I made a purchase of like $150 dollars which was kinda annoying, my uti only went up like 1% but I'm worried it might do it again when I make a larger purchase sometime Smiley Tongue 

The double account will either fix itself, or you can call to fix it, or you can sit back and enjoy a free $X.XX in available credit to be factored into your utilization Smiley Tongue 

Message 3 of 7
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

jamesdwi....interesting handle Smiley Wink

thank you SO much. I nearly had a freaking heart attack at the score drop. But ok, I need to garden and relax.  Breathe in and out...ok I got this Smiley Wink  THANKS!

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 4 of 7
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

@jsu...double utilization, me likey!! thank you!  see this is why i love this forum Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 7
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

I think the double cards listed in the myfico alerts are a myfico software bug, I have been getting them also and have verified that only one card exists on my reports. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 6 of 7
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

When I got my WM in Nov, it posted to my CR right away, too. I didn't even have time to pay before it posted. And they also reported a mid-cycle balance, which really irked me. They've only done it that one time. It seems they are eager to report new accts to the CRAs, incl anything that's charged on the acct when you first get the card.

Your score should rebound once it reports w/0 bal next month, though you could still lose a few pts for the hit to your AAoA and new acct. You'll only know after your statement reports next month.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.