Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

walmart card... no interest??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

walmart card... no interest??

My statement just cut for my Walmart card which I still have a small balance on. Part from purchases and $20 from fast cash. I realized though that this is the second month that they didn't charge me interest at all. I have no promotional intrest free charges. Has anyone else seen this from Walmart?? (Not that I'm complaining!)
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: walmart card... no interest??

Is the balance from this month or from last month? No interest is charged until the grace period ends, and then if you don't PIF by the time the grace period is over, then your interest gets tacked on. 

Message 2 of 9
slarano
Frequent Contributor

In a semi-related topic, I just received an e-mail offer from them giving me an 18 months no interest offer on an in-store purchase for electronics $429 or more. 

ImageImageImage

Message 3 of 9
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

got the same deal, and if you read it you get free interest on everything you buy on the same reciept, not just the eletronics purchase. So you can stock up of other stuff or do back to school shopping just buy something $429 or greater from electronics on the same reciept. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The balance is from beginning of august and my statment cuts august 19. I don't know a lot about how my cards charge interest because I normally don't carry a balance unless its a 0% intrest for xx/months promo. I just thought it was weird.
Message 5 of 9
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Yeah once your statement cuts you have a grace period (i'm not sure how long it is with walmart, but that would be your "payment due by..." date. 

If you make the minimum payment by this date, your interest will get backdated to the original date of purchase (I think, or possibly statement cut date Smiley Tongue ). If you make your payment in full and leave no balance, you pay no interest so long as you pay by the "Payment due by..." date. 

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know! Thanks.
Message 7 of 9
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

got the same deal, and I do that sometimes lol... like stock up on cleaning supplies hahah!

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 9
compassion101
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
The balance is from beginning of august and my statment cuts august 19. I don't know a lot about how my cards charge interest because I normally don't carry a balance unless its a 0% intrest for xx/months promo. I just thought it was weird.

Look at your July 19 statement. What was the balance? If you paid that full amount by the due date (guessing aug 10-14) then you won't have any interest charges.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.