Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

walmart recon

tag
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

walmart recon

Has anyone had any success lately with a recon with Walmart? If so what number did you call? Thanks
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: walmart recon

@rootpooty wrote:
Has anyone had any success lately with a recon with Walmart? If so what number did you call? Thanks

Won't happen!

But What was it denied for? What is your current TU Fico?

Any past Baddies or Bk's with GE?

Message 2 of 12
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

683 transunion score no BK. One baddie due to fall off early 2013 for the amount of 196.00. Was denied due to many accounts with delinquency and too many inquiries in the last 6 months which I have zero.
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

Message 3 of 12
boomhower
Valued Contributor

It never hurts to try but GEMB is just about impossible to recon with.

Message 4 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Call one of these: 877-294-7548; 877-294-8770

Probably can't recon the application unless it was a security thing, did you get asked questions after hitting submit?

If it wasn't all credit issue they had, might be worth going into store and applying again... they are a weird one (Lowes too) not approving for weird things they say they captured on credit or not being able to verify a phone number or something not on credit file!

Message 5 of 12
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

I was never asked any security questions. I applied online

Message 6 of 12
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@boomhower wrote:

It never hurts to try but GEMB is just about impossible to recon with.

+1 - I tried and tried sometime back and got no where with them. Virtually impossible.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 7 of 12
diabla
Regular Contributor

I was able to successfully recon with Walmart!  I did the app online last night, on a whim, got the 7-10 day message and my heart sank.  I felt like I wasted a hard pull.  Then I decided to try to call and I searched and found these numbers - 

1-877-294-7880 / 7548

Called and explained what happened, asked if they needed more information from me, like employment verification or something.  After being transferred a couple of times, I got the credit department.  She asked me a few questions from my credit file (luckily I had it in front of me on the screen, because she went way back!).  Then had to hold while she processed the app.  Came back and said that my online app was for the Wally Discover (although I didn't ask for that) but she could give me the STORE card with a $500 limit.  I was SO happy!

Tips, be VERY nice and offer to give whatever they might need.  Also, try to have your TU report available because she asked some questions that I probably wouldn't have been able to answer without it.  Apparently, they consider credit cards as banks, so if you have a card like through Comenity, that's a bank, and if they ask for the names of banks you currently bank with, don't just say your current checking/savings account.  They are looking at your report where it will say Comenity Bank, etc.

Message 8 of 12
distantarray
Established Contributor

@diabla wrote:

I was able to successfully recon with Walmart!  I did the app online last night, on a whim, got the 7-10 day message and my heart sank.  I felt like I wasted a hard pull.  Then I decided to try to call and I searched and found these numbers - 

1-877-294-7880 / 7548

Called and explained what happened, asked if they needed more information from me, like employment verification or something.  After being transferred a couple of times, I got the credit department.  She asked me a few questions from my credit file (luckily I had it in front of me on the screen, because she went way back!).  Then had to hold while she processed the app.  Came back and said that my online app was for the Wally Discover (although I didn't ask for that) but she could give me the STORE card with a $500 limit.  I was SO happy!

Tips, be VERY nice and offer to give whatever they might need.  Also, try to have your TU report available because she asked some questions that I probably wouldn't have been able to answer without it.  Apparently, they consider credit cards as banks, so if you have a card like through Comenity, that's a bank, and if they ask for the names of banks you currently bank with, don't just say your current checking/savings account.  They are looking at your report where it will say Comenity Bank, etc.

where you ever truly declined? sounds like you got the notice and just needed to verify, without a denial notice of any kind it's hard to say if it was really a recon =)

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 9 of 12
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Get your free FICOs...lmaoo..

CONGRATS!

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.