Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

walmart store credit card

tag
tray
Valued Contributor

walmart store credit card

Hi everyone,  I applied  for a walmart credit card  they pulled my equifax credit report in which my score is only at  617 I tried to find out the status of my application as I applied on line and it was told to me I will recieve a letter within 7 to 10 days which is a sign I was denied credit.  I am trying to rebuild my credit.  is there anyone out there who recieved a walmart card with less of a credit score. Also do you think in another six months once my credit score improves I can try again this time I will go in person to the store to apply.  Thanks for anyone's advice.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: walmart store credit card

I opened one in early 2006. I just got out of debt counseling and my scores dropped to sub 600s. The card is issued by GE Money and my initial CL was $270.
It is a store card so I don't think it will be difficult to get.
Good luck with your application.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied on line and was told that i had to verify idenity, i called and did just that and was still denied, fast forward to last sunday when i applied in the store and was approved for 700.00, my eq score was 616. wait a month or so and try again. take a major credit card with you, i used my hooters and i had no problem. good luck.
Message 3 of 5
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Does anyone tried to upgrade to WalMart Discover and if yes was it hard pull.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart denied me at a score of 622.. median.... about a month ago... They are picky.. I filled out for a card on there ripped up machines... I got a cpitol one card 3 days later ( unsecured , 500 CL, 0% until May 2009 , and  only a $19.00 annual fee...
So forget Wal-Mart ...

I went back and spent $ 20 dollars on my cap one card at wal mart 2 days later and was asked by a greeter if I would like to apply for a walmart Card .. I told her I already did and was turned down , so I will just use my cap one Mastercard with 0% intrest .....HAHAHAHAHA  Walmart ...Whats there intrest rate like 20 % or something..

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.