Valued Contributor
tray

walmart store credit card

Hi everyone,  I applied  for a walmart credit card  they pulled my equifax credit report in which my score is only at  617 I tried to find out the status of my application as I applied on line and it was told to me I will recieve a letter within 7 to 10 days which is a sign I was denied credit.  I am trying to rebuild my credit.  is there anyone out there who recieved a walmart card with less of a credit score. Also do you think in another six months once my credit score improves I can try again this time I will go in person to the store to apply.  Thanks for anyone's advice.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Frequent Contributor
Solarjuju

Re: walmart store credit card

I opened one in early 2006. I just got out of debt counseling and my scores dropped to sub 600s. The card is issued by GE Money and my initial CL was $270.
It is a store card so I don't think it will be difficult to get.
Good luck with your application.
Regular Contributor
HELPLESSINFICOLAND

I applied on line and was told that i had to verify idenity, i called and did just that and was still denied, fast forward to last sunday when i applied in the store and was approved for 700.00, my eq score was 616. wait a month or so and try again. take a major credit card with you, i used my hooters and i had no problem. good luck.

Starting Score: 540
Current Score: 660
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
wmarat

Does anyone tried to upgrade to WalMart Discover and if yes was it hard pull.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Regular Contributor
bevy1234

Walmart denied me at a score of 622.. median.... about a month ago... They are picky.. I filled out for a card on there ripped up machines... I got a cpitol one card 3 days later ( unsecured , 500 CL, 0% until May 2009 , and  only a $19.00 annual fee...
So forget Wal-Mart ...

I went back and spent $ 20 dollars on my cap one card at wal mart 2 days later and was asked by a greeter if I would like to apply for a walmart Card .. I told her I already did and was turned down , so I will just use my cap one Mastercard with 0% intrest .....HAHAHAHAHA  Walmart ...Whats there intrest rate like 20 % or something..

My credit scores are killing me slowly at 640, 672 and 663 I am moving up a little bit ..

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}