Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wamu cli

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

wamu cli

Anyone think that wamu is giving cli's?  I have heard that they could be cutting them, so would now be a good time to ask?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: wamu cli

I thought wamu only does auto cli, you can't ask.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know. I wasnt aware of that. Thank you.
Message 3 of 13
Tristansmom

I don't know about clis, but I do know that they are NOT cutting limits, as some posts on the internet are saying I called and they told me, "No, we are not cutting limits".  I was concerned, because they gave me a the largest cl I have had since bankruptcy discharged August 08.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

yesterday was my 6mth anniversary and they tripled my cl, so i assume they are still issuing cli's.
Message 5 of 13
Uniqua
Established Contributor

I'm coming up on my six-month anniversary with WaMu in a few weeks. I am sure hoping they triple my CL. I have had regular use of the card and have PIF'd monthly even though I still have a 0% APR until January 2009. Christmas is around the corner and I'd love to buy my son a PS3 and HDTV using my WaMu Visa!

@Anonymous wrote:
yesterday was my 6mth anniversary and they tripled my cl, so i assume they are still issuing cli's.
Message 6 of 13
akaniks
Established Member

Seems like they are still giving a lot of CLI's.
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have my WAMU card for 3 years, it was $7000 from day one and it is still the same today.  I called for a CLI today and I was told they only do them when they want to and you can not request one.

My FICO on the WAMU site is 749 and my total I own on my credit lines are 1% with my largest balance being just 3%

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think their policies differ depending on the card. If you're an old Providian (subprime) customer, you can forget about any kind of CLI or rate reduction - they just won't do it no matter how much you've improved your FICO score or your history with them. Prime cards might be a different story though.
Message 9 of 13
GST2008
Frequent Contributor

Mine just hit six months and no love =(  Maybe next month.  I only use it moderately, so that may be why.  I called to request a limit increase and they told me they only do automatic increases.  It's just the run of the mill Washington Mutual Platinum Visa.

Current:
TU (5/14/14): 796 (Inquiries; 8/23/13)
EQ (3/23/14): 791 (Inquiries: 8/23/13)
EX (9/24/13): 780 (Inquiries: 7/2/12; 11/20/12; 7/30/13; 8/23/13)

Goals: No new inquiries for 2014, 800 for all CRs by 12/31/14
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.