Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

want to apply a new card...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

want to apply a new card...

when I apply for real do I make sure all my cards are paid off? 

should I make sure all the cards' up-to-the-minute balance is 0 at the time that I apply for the new card?

will the creditor be able to see my "current balance" that has accured since last 0 balance statement?

Thanks  a lot.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: want to apply a new card...

@Anonymous wrote:

when I apply for real do I make sure all my cards are paid off? 

should I make sure all the cards' up-to-the-minute balance is 0 at the time that I apply for the new card?

will the creditor be able to see my "current balance" that has accured since last 0 balance statement?

Thanks  a lot.

While you don't have to have a 0 bal on all the accounts, it is a good idea to keep your utilization under 30% if possible. And no creditors will not be able to see your current balance until it reports to the CRAs.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for reply.

sorry i got confused, do you mean No creditors are able to see my current balance till it's reported?

btw, iirc, the rule is 10% util and not beyond that, falling on one of the cards... then there're issues like if we should keep 10% util of total cl of all cards, or should we  also take care of the util ratio of each card.. gradually I found it really hard to keep it well ruled.. simply pay it all.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

... so creditors cannot see current balance right? (except they're the issuer of the card in concern)

I don't know what the appropriate period is.. the most recent hard record on my Equifax profile was Dec 30 last year, when would be a good time for my next application?

Is 83 days long enough??

thanks in advance.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.