Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ways to meet spending requirements

tag
bigbang91
Established Contributor

ways to meet spending requirements

Hi guys ,i need advice on what is the best way to meet the spending requirements, and also most profitable ways?i have a bluebird account,but dont want to receive aa by ms,so i only load about 1500 2000 using giftcard bought with credit cards.i have rent and i cant pay with credit card,any other way to pay that have little fee?tks

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ways to meet spending requirements

Adding AUs

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you prepay any bills?
Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have your family and/or friends pay their bills with your card and give you cash.

Message 4 of 23
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@bigbang91 wrote:

Hi guys ,i need advice on what is the best way to meet the spending requirements, and also most profitable ways?i have a bluebird account,but dont want to receive aa by ms,so i only load about 1500 2000 using giftcard bought with credit cards.i have rent and i cant pay with credit card,any other way to pay that have little fee?tks

Depends on the card and risk tolerance.

There are several fee options, such as williamspaid, the new rent one whose name I forget, or Evolve.   This involve basically no risk, but charge a fee that doesn't make sense for reward spending, but might to meet minimum spend if the bonus is worthwhile.

On the more risky side, your bb approach is fine if the cards have a decent bonus whereever you buy the GC.    Serve or Redbird will be better in many circumstances.

Message 5 of 23
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@bigbang91 wrote:

I pre pay cable, cell phone, make the most of 5% categories! plan big spend around the time I want to take a trip, etc.

Otherwise, you have been around long enough that the wording of your question canon be answered here.  Perhaps someone will throw you a few PM's?  Also, you have enough info in your post to google, and I would narrow the search results to the last six months,

That is all the help directly relating to your questions allowed, thanks for understanding. Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 6 of 23
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@bigbang91 wrote:

There are several fee options, such as williamspaid, the new rent one whose name I forget, or Evolve.   This involve basically no risk, but charge a fee that doesn't make sense for reward spending, but might to meet minimum spend if the bonus is worthwhile.

On the more risky side, your bb approach is fine if the cards have a decent bonus whereever you buy the GC.    Serve or Redbird will be better in many circumstances.

RadPad.

Signature needs updating
Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@bigbang91 wrote:

Apparently WilliamPaid is no longer an option? Saw this message on their homepage:

Dear WilliamPaid Customers,

After 5 years, it is with deep regret that we share with you that WilliamPaid will stop processing rent payments. As of today, a new user will be unable to create a new account. If you are an existing user of our service, we will stop processing new payments at 11:59PM CST, March 5, 2015.

We know that thousands of you relied on WilliamPaid for the ease and convenience for which we processed your rent payments, and sincerely appreciate your loyalty over the years. Words can’t describe our appreciation. We’re sad to see it come to an end.

Message 8 of 23
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@bigbang91 wrote:

Apparently WilliamPaid is no longer an option? Saw this message on their homepage:

After 5 years, it is with deep regret that we share with you that WilliamPaid will stop processing rent payments. As of today, a new user will be unable to create a new account. If you are an existing user of our service, we will stop processing new payments at 11:59PM CST, March 5, 2015.

We know that thousands of you relied on WilliamPaid for the ease and convenience for which we processed your rent payments, and sincerely appreciate your loyalty over the years. Words can’t describe our appreciation. We’re sad to see it come to an end.

Good to know, wonder what the cause was.

Message 9 of 23
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@bigbang91 wrote:

Good to know, wonder what the cause was.

Think I recall not enough revenue, their system was older, RadPad also receives money from apartment listings (I think), plus has an app.  Think I will use them later with Paypal Business Debit Card, have grandfathered rate of 1.5% cash back.  Giving them a trial run for April, see how smoothly the operation goes, and to test them out, wouldn't recommend the debit card free option.

Signature needs updating
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.