Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

weighing options on a new and card

tag
polo1985
Valued Member

weighing options on a new and card

heres my credit score

EX 646 EQ 644 TU 664 due to paying down balances my Credit rating should jump 20-30 pts due to fico simulation

only have 1 inquiry 2 negatives which is in 2007

Cards i have

Cap One secured $551 cl

Cap One rewards $2000 cl

Dell $2000 cl

Dillards card $700 recently new 2 weeks old

im basically done with rebuilding my credit took me two years for the process of gardening my credit and building up a great history of credit

I would like to know which cards is good with upgrading thier customers or have a decent rewards program for thier clients??

I was looking at wells reward card or possibly a discover card and is there any good visa credit cards???

Starting Score: 581
Current Score: EQ 618 TU 595
Goal Score: 660

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: weighing options on a new and card

Discover and Barclay rewards IMHO

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 5
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@polo1985 wrote:

heres my credit score

EX 646 EQ 644 TU 664 due to paying down balances my Credit rating should jump 20-30 pts due to fico simulation

only have 1 inquiry 2 negatives which is in 2007

Cards i have

Cap One secured $551 cl

Cap One rewards $2000 cl

Dell $2000 cl

Dillards card $700 recently new 2 weeks old

im basically done with rebuilding my credit took me two years for the process of gardening my credit and building up a great history of credit

I would like to know which cards is good with upgrading thier customers or have a decent rewards program for thier clients??

I was looking at wells reward card or possibly a discover card and is there any good visa credit cards???

Try to EO or FB msg them and see if you can PC the Rewards card to QS + CLI.  If you are granted of PC + CLI, then I would close the Secured and get your money back.  If you've gardened for the past two years, then i'm sure you'll have some HPs that you can burn...seems like your TU score may be on the borderline for Discover but i think you'll be okay. 

Try the pre-qual sites and see if you get any matches based on your profile for other cards. 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 3 of 5
runner121
Established Member

I also suggest trying the "prequalify" sites to see if you have any current offers. Keep in mind, it's not guaranteed that you'll get accepted if you prequalify but if they sent you mailers recently and your score has not changed much since then, you may have a decent chance. 

I have also been building up my credit for a few years and was accepted for a Barclaycard Rewards (Average) with a $1500 CL after having one Capital One card and 3 retail cards--all with low limits. You might try their prequalify link if that is a card you're interested in. My Transunion score was 648 at the time of approval.

Good luck!!

Message 4 of 5
polo1985
Valued Member

Thanks for the replies i will try that

Starting Score: 581
Current Score: EQ 618 TU 595
Goal Score: 660

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.