Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

welcome packets, CC mailers, etc

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

welcome packets, CC mailers, etc

what do you guys do with your welcome packets, card agreements, important notifications, change of policy, etc??
do you guys keep them? toss them after awhile? are they important to have/keep?

im thinking of shredding them. they are starting to pile up. lolz

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: welcome packets, CC mailers, etc

People constantly ask questions that are answered in the terms and documentation that is delivered with the cards.  That stuff isn't just packing material.  Keep it for your reference.

Message 2 of 6
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Ditto. It's important to actually know (or be able to reference) the terms of your card.

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

What i do is that i keep it with the copy of the bill in a file folder. I do this with all my cards and bills. Once i pay the billi write the date the amount confirmation #,check # and etc and put in its folder. In that same folder with the card i keep the agreement/welcome packets also any changes like CLI that may arrive. 

It works well for me.

Message 4 of 6
ralvarez2678
New Contributor

i have been reading it and then throwing it away. The terms and conditions are on their website so when i need to reference something i go there.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

All this stuff is online anyway. Just throw it away.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.