Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wells fargo cc?

tag
subwaysandwich
Frequent Contributor

wells fargo cc?

https://www.wellsfargo.com/credit-cards/ Seems like decent rewards? Anyone has one? Might add to portfolio diversity?
Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
AMTB
Valued Member

Re: wells fargo cc?

I have the regular VISA card and it's on my cancelling list. I would say WF VISA CC offers nothing attractive. the AMEX maybe ok for some people.
Message 2 of 35
sexy_kitten7
Regular Contributor

Historically, WF has not had any decent cards period.

This year they partnered with Amex to create two new products that are comparable to the Arrival and Venture.

Be aware that the underwriting criteria are rather strict, so app at your own risk Smiley Wink

Quicksilver MC / Amazon.com / Better Balance Rewards Visa / Freedom / Dividend / Quicksilver Visa / Cash+ / Thank You Preferred / Blue Cash Everyday / Better Balance Rewards MC / BankAmericard HRC Cash Rewards / It / Arrival / FlexPerks / Platinum AAdvantage / MileagePlus Explorer / LifeMiles
Message 3 of 35
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

Like the above poster said, relationship banking is very important, they may decline you if you don't have an account with them...many of the posters here reported that.

EQ: 768 TU: 769 EXP: 805
Ritz Carlton: 18k
CSP: 7K | Chase Freedom: 5.7K
MERRILL+® VS: 9K | BOA AMEX: 1K
BOA 123: 7K Discover IT: 6K | Discover Chrome 4K | Costco AMEX: 15K | AMEX PRG NPSL | AMEX BCE 15K | Barclay NFL: 4.9K | Citi TYP 7K | Amazon Chase 1.7K | Barclaycard Arrival Plus WEMC 5K | Citi DC 5K | FNBO AMEX 4.8K | CAP 1 QS 10K | U.S. Bank Cash+ VS 5K |U.S. Bank Perks+ VS 6K
Message 4 of 35
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

I don't really see the attraction of these cards, especially the propel, with the AF.  So yes, Propel gives 3x on gas compared to 2x with Fidelity Amex, but with a $45 fee after the first year, which is better only if you spend more than $4,500 on gas (and if you do, go for one of the 5% gas cards anyway) AND nothing outside the propel categories (as there Fidelity earns 2%)

Message 5 of 35
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

I don't really see the attraction of these cards, especially the propel, with the AF.  So yes, Propel gives 3x on gas compared to 2x with Fidelity Amex, but with a $45 fee after the first year, which is better only if you spend more than $4,500 on gas (and if you do, go for one of the 5% gas cards anyway) AND nothing outside the propel categories (as there Fidelity earns 2%)

Really? What about the sign-up bonus? For those not putting significant funds through MS, a $400 sign-up and $100 airline credit is a pretty decent haul for one HP. seems like a useful card to open and dump, IMO. 

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 6 of 35
Florida1990
Frequent Contributor

Wells fargo is rather strict and offer no real perks I would go for a regualr Capital One Venture

Pre-CH7 Scores- TU 584 EX 540 EQ 581
Post-CH7 Scores- TU 656 EX 630 EQ 670

Navy Fed Cash Rewards-$4,500, Credit One MC $500, Credit One VS $700 Ollo Platinum MC $900, Avant MC $1,000 Primor Secured Vs. $200, Wayfair $750, Eddie, Jcrew, Boscov $250-$300.
Message 7 of 35
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@SnackTrader wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Really? What about the sign-up bonus? For those not putting significant funds through MS, a $400 sign-up and $100 airline credit is a pretty decent haul for one HP. seems like a useful card to open and dump, IMO. 

Yes, sorry, missed the sign up.  I agree for sign and dump, like the arrival.  But for keeping, no.

Message 8 of 35
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Hmm, I don't supose Wells fargo has any better deals if you apply in the bank?

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 9 of 35
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

@SnackTrader wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Yes, sorry, missed the sign up.  I agree for sign and dump, like the arrival.  But for keeping, no.

The sign up bonus is good.  I actually bought an American Airlines gift card and got $100 statement credit in 2 days.  There is also cell phone coverage; loss, damage, regardless of the reason is $25 deductible.  But I don't think I'll keep it past year 1.

Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.