Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wells fargo cc?

tag
AMTB
Valued Member

Re: wells fargo cc?

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Hmm, I don't supose Wells fargo has any better deals if you apply in the bank?

I applied in the bank and got zero perks. .not even zero intro APR. I looked online and was regretted applying in the bank.

Message 11 of 35
Open123
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@SnackTrader wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

I don't really see the attraction of these cards, especially the propel, with the AF.  So yes, Propel gives 3x on gas compared to 2x with Fidelity Amex, but with a $45 fee after the first year, which is better only if you spend more than $4,500 on gas (and if you do, go for one of the 5% gas cards anyway) AND nothing outside the propel categories (as there Fidelity earns 2%)

Really? What about the sign-up bonus? For those not putting significant funds through MS, a $400 sign-up and $100 airline credit is a pretty decent haul for one HP. seems like a useful card to open and dump, IMO. 

Yes, sorry, missed the sign up.  I agree for sign and dump, like the arrival.  But for keeping, no.

"Sign & Dump," very aptly put.  LOL

The 40K Propel is fine for the bonus, but not worth the $175 fee to keep.  From my perspective, I don't see any Wells cards compelling enough to keep, especially for a fee.  

Message 12 of 35
thom02099
Valued Contributor

The Wells Fargo Propel cards DO offer something that practically no one else offers right now...Chip & PIN.  Not signature.  PIN.

I recently applied for the Propel 365 card, to primarily replace my near-worthless Platinum Visa card.  The card arrived with the EMV chip, which is a prompt when you apply on line, to choose the EMV option.  Today, I received my PIN.  It's NOT a PIN for just ATM access.  The accompanying letter specifically points out that this is useful when travelling abroad and using at UNATTENDED KIOSKS (ie, train station tickets!), and other unattended venues, as well as common credit card terminals throughout the rest of the world. 

So, they are bypassing Chip & Signature and going right to Chip & PIN.  Which DOES give them an advantage over other cards, for international travellers.

Message 13 of 35
sexy_kitten7
Regular Contributor

@thom02099 wrote:

The Wells Fargo Propel cards DO offer something that practically no one else offers right now...Chip & PIN.  Not signature.  PIN.

Good point. The only other card I'm aware of is Barclays Arrival+.

Quicksilver MC / Amazon.com / Better Balance Rewards Visa / Freedom / Dividend / Quicksilver Visa / Cash+ / Thank You Preferred / Blue Cash Everyday / Better Balance Rewards MC / BankAmericard HRC Cash Rewards / It / Arrival / FlexPerks / Platinum AAdvantage / MileagePlus Explorer / LifeMiles
Message 14 of 35
subwaysandwich
Frequent Contributor

should we get the no fee one anyway JUST to establish a relationship with them so that if we need a loan down the line for a house, we'd have some sort of relationship established already?
Message 15 of 35
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@subwaysandwich wrote:
should we get the no fee one anyway JUST to establish a relationship with them so that if we need a loan down the line for a house, we'd have some sort of relationship established already?

Right, but what about all the other lenders out there, at least the big banks, would you get cards with them all.

I always go through internet mortgage brokers to get the best rates, and none of my my mortgages( even through the broker) have been from institutions that I have accounts with.

Message 16 of 35
subwaysandwich
Frequent Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@subwaysandwich wrote:

Right, but what about all the other lenders out there, at least the big banks, would you get cards with them all.

I always go through internet mortgage brokers to get the best rates, and none of my my mortgages( even through the broker) have been from institutions that I have accounts with.

I have cards with all the big banks except CITI, US bank, and Wells Fargo, and no Credit unions.

Message 17 of 35
Open123
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

+1

Likewise, the best rates are to go through internet brokers/direct lenders and search for the best rates, and bypass full service brokers and banks.  Cut out the middle man, and watch the points and closing fees.

These espoused "relationship" benefits are highly overrated.

*Edited* PS - When borrowing money, the *quality* of the lender is irrelvant.

Message 18 of 35
subwaysandwich
Frequent Contributor

i'll keep that in mind. Which are the best internet brokers/direct lenders?

Message 19 of 35
AMTB
Valued Member

@subwaysandwich wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@subwaysandwich wrote:

I have cards with all the big banks except CITI, US bank, and Wells Fargo, and no Credit unions.

that's a lot of banks if yoy ask me

http://www.usbanklocations.com/bank-rank/total-assets.html

Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.