Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whaaat?

tag
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

whaaat?

If these are my scores.... then why am i gettin CC offers in the mail?!?!?! What the heck?!?!

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: whaaat?

are the offers from companies like first premere and credit one?

Message 2 of 10
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Nope it was from Citi 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 3 of 10
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Promotional offers are frequently based on soft pulls of your credit file, which do not contain all of the same detailed information in a hard pull.

If you have a lot of lates or other deragatory information on your report, I would hold off on applying until things improve.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 10
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

i have never gotten one until recently.... (being added as an AU to my fiance's card with 2+ years good history) and getting my own 300 CL card.... 

Message 5 of 10
boomhower
Valued Contributor

There is a big difference in an invitation to apply and a pre-approval so read the mailings carefully before applying.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

There was once a guy who had been dead for 10 years and got a preapproval for visa black. Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 10
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

-----> There was once a guy who had been dead for 10 years and got a preapproval for visa black.:smileytongue:

I have heard of dogs and cats getting preapprovals too.   LOL

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 8 of 10
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

wow LOL that is epic, okay thanks!!! haha xD .... i thought the reason they werent sending before was because of my horrible score and maybe it went up enough for them to be like O.o hurm 

Message 9 of 10
mamahearts
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous_V wrote:

wow LOL that is epic, okay thanks!!! haha xD .... i thought the reason they werent sending before was because of my horrible score and maybe it went up enough for them to be like O.o hurm 

I got one of those letters too.  My scores were TU 683, EQ 633 (dropped from 645 during loan process and recent app spree) and EX 625.  I just closed on my house so I thought the time was right.  But I got a denial.  They said the reason was lack of recent installment loan information and a baddie (which will be falling off in December so I might have apped to soon).   They pulled EQ. 

myFICO starting TU 683 8/26/11
myFICO starting EQ 645 8/26/11
myFICO EQ 652 9/26
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.