Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what are my options? nasa?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

what are my options? nasa?

Im looking to join a credit union to try and get a piece of cake of those 25k limits.

im looking in NASA Credit union what are other options?

i am not in the military nor work for the goverment.  not have a family member.

ive heard sometimes you can make a donation and be able to join.

what would my options be?

thanks!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: what are my options? nasa?

@Anonymous wrote:

Im looking to join a credit union to try and get a piece of cake of those 25k limits.

thanks!

Penfed.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Nixon, 

which would you consider better? im starting to look into these type of credit unions. whats the difference between nasa credit union and chase per say..

i know im an amateur at this

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks!

Penfed.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

From my experience, NASA is an awful CU, I'm still looking for a CU that will give me at least 5k
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks Nixon, 

which would you consider better? im starting to look into these type of credit unions. whats the difference between nasa credit union and chase per say..

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks!

Penfed.

One is a big national bank, the other is a small credit union.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

alright thanks! 

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks Nixon, 

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks!

Penfed.

One is a big national bank, the other is a small credit union.

Message 6 of 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
From my experience, NASA is an awful CU, I'm still looking for a CU that will give me at least 5k

So they gave you a small CL, or denied you?   But if its hard to find a CU giving you $5K, sounds like Nasa isn't so out of step.

The good thing about NASA, when it works, is the SP only.   So I got a good ($30K) CL without an HP, just the hit to AAoA from a new account.   If you are HP-sensitive, that's pretty attractive.

Penfed is OK, I have found them a little disorganized but they have some very good products (both ccs and things like CDs, as well as loans).   NASA, apart from the no HP, is less interesting.  I have their near 2% card, which was unusual for a V/MC until Double Cash came along.  Also, the NASA card pays rewards just once per year.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So they gave you a small CL, or denied you?   But if its hard to find a CU giving you $5K, sounds like Nasa isn't so out of step.

The good thing about NASA, when it works, is the SP only.   So I got a good ($30K) CL without an HP, just the hit to AAoA from a new account.   If you are HP-sensitive, that's pretty attractive.

Penfed is OK, I have found them a little disorganized but they have some very good products (both ccs and things like CDs, as well as loans).   NASA, apart from the no HP, is less interesting.  I have their near 2% card, which was unusual for a V/MC until Double Cash came along.  Also, the NASA card pays rewards just once per year.

Well I was never officially denied but a loan officer told me days later, have yet to receive anything in mail, sent them an email and no response days later still. They just seem disorganized and slow

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure about awful...if your profile supports it, a $25k with a SP is a good deal in my book!

Message 9 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I would agree with LTL.  I was approved back at the end of September last year for $30K as well.  POI was requested (no issue for me though). 

Sapingo - what are you looking for with getting a ~$25K CL?  Is this for maximizing rewards (NASA isn't too stellar on this really unless you have high spend), spending power or simply a pry-bar?  Plus, NASA can be a little iffy with recently opened tradelines/excessive inquiries or if they feel you have sufficient open credit given your profile.  Income will come into play as well, so YEMV.

There's also UNFCU, SDFCU, Alliant and several other fairly-sized CUs.  And, unless you qualify for Navy FCU, that's your other option.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.