Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what are my options? nasa?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: what are my options? nasa?

ohhh. thanks for that info!i wish i had a family member serving in the military .

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
From my experience, NASA is an awful CU, I'm still looking for a CU that will give me at least 5k

So they gave you a small CL, or denied you?   But if its hard to find a CU giving you $5K, sounds like Nasa isn't so out of step.

The good thing about NASA, when it works, is the SP only.   So I got a good ($30K) CL without an HP, just the hit to AAoA from a new account.   If you are HP-sensitive, that's pretty attractive.

Penfed is OK, I have found them a little disorganized but they have some very good products (both ccs and things like CDs, as well as loans).   NASA, apart from the no HP, is less interesting.  I have their near 2% card, which was unusual for a V/MC until Double Cash came along.  Also, the NASA card pays rewards just once per year.

Message 11 of 12
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Re: what are my options? nasa?

The biggest problem I have had with NASA is that they do not like the fact that I have other credit available.  I have applied twice and denied both times with the reason given being too much available credit.  Never mind that all but 2 have a zero balance and my util is under 3%.  I joined NASA thinking like you that I would like to have a higher limit with a larger Credit Union and also to establish a history for future borrowing like auto loans.  It was a COMPLETE waste of time for me.  I didn't get a huge line, but I've had much better luck with DCU who wound up getting my auto financing.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.