cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what card to apply for need help!!!!!!!!

tag
deputybigz
Established Member

what card to apply for need help!!!!!!!!

I need to get an additional credit card  my score is trans 688 and equifax 668 i have a bank of america with a credit limit of 30,000. the fico simulator says i need an additional card the bofa card i was joint with my father in law history of 10 years. any suggestions on another card  or cards i can get to better my credit trying to get to that 700 cub  almost there started at 540 now 688   12 points away!!!!!!!!!!11  thanks to everyone here for helping me.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FocusOnFICO
Regular Contributor

Re: what card to apply for need help!!!!!!!!

Consider your goals for using the cards.  If the BofA card is a standard card, consider adding a cash back or other type of rewards card.  Many good products are posted about here.

Many posters like the PenFed Cash Rewards card, while others will target another specific type of rewards product.

Go over what you typically charge and then find the product that would suit that need by perusing the great threads here.

Starting Score: TU 766 EQ 788
Current Score: TU 788 EQ 811
Goal Score: TU 800 EQ 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
deputybigz
Established Member

i have a cash back/ reward points with bofa is target an easy card to get? i just really dont want to waste an inquiry or atleast have a fair chance  of getting a decent card
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I understand correctly, the BofA card is your father-in-laws card, correct? If so I'd assume you'd like a card that you could acctually use other than in Target. I think if I were you, I'd look at a Cap One. Do you have any baddies on your reports? How many inquiries? What else is on your report other than the AU card?

Message 4 of 7
deputybigz
Established Member

the card is my fathers in law first but he put me as a joint memeber he doesnt use it me and my wife are on it and use it. iwould like another card so i will try capitol one maybe theyll work with me.

Message 5 of 7
makeynik
Regular Contributor

What kinda scores and from which CRA does PenFed look at?  I have cap one, my eq is around 640's, my ex?, my tu is 540's...and does it report to all 3?  I have paid off all my negs, now just trying to gw lates and paid charge-offs...was thinking about risking an applicatioinquiry to another cc, OR just might wait...
6/30/08 TU 441 EQ 425 EX 513
8/01/08 TU 499 EQ 488 EX 489
8/23/08 EQ 556
9/04/08 EQ 567
11/14/08 TU 531, EQ 582, EX 509
12/29/08 EQ 620 (yea!) EX 546 TU 555
1/17/2009 TU 568 EQ 620 EX 584, 4/15/09 TU 506, EQ 612
5/24/09 TU 558, EQ 646
Message 6 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

makeynik wrote:
What kinda scores and from which CRA does PenFed look at?  I have cap one, my eq is around 640's, my ex?, my tu is 540's...and does it report to all 3?  I have paid off all my negs, now just trying to gw lates and paid charge-offs...was thinking about risking an applicatioinquiry to another cc, OR just might wait...

You'd do well to search on many of the PenFed threads, which would answer your questions.

They've always been very conservative, generally wanting over 700's on EQ, few inqs, few new accounts, no scary negatives. And it looks like they're even tougher now.

I'd definitely wait a while on that app.

Have you looked into local credit unions instead?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.