Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what credit card should I apply for

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

what credit card should I apply for

Started to rebuild my credit 3 years ago, and need some advice. I have 3 CC, Cap 1 platinum and QS, since 2013. 4000 cl on QS, 750 CL on plat.  2400 CL on Discover IT since apr/15. 2 loans with bank 1200 and 700. AU on Citi Double Cash and Cap 1 Buypower. Never missed a payment since rebuild started in 2013. EU- 652, Trans-645, Eq-640, Income at 52,000yr. Have 1 baddie Tax Lien from 2009, would like to apply for more prime cards but don't know which ones will I have a better chance of getting all replies will be appreciated?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: what credit card should I apply for

getting a little loaded on capital ones but I would still check the pre-qual because if you had venture and venture one as an offer I would take BOTH back to back becuase venture will be over $10k!

You could try an Amex Charge and if approved go for an amex every day or dellta but you are on the lower border of that I think.

Chase pre-qual giving you anything? Freedom might be an option.

some sync cards maybe but that wouldn't be Visa/MC more than likely.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the info, I checked the pre-qualify offers but nothing there. When I applied for the Discover IT, it was on a whim and I got approved.  I appreciate the  examples, I'll go with your suggestions.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks for the info, I checked the pre-qualify offers but nothing there. When I applied for the Discover IT, it was on a whim and I got approved.  I appreciate the  examples, I'll go with your suggestions.

Rock on!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

just be careful because your scores are still a little low for many "prime" cards. amex is a valid option; they approved me with a 650 something. may be a little early for a $10k venture unless your AU cards have high limits. consider barclay too when your TU hits 660-670 or so
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your scores are a bit borderline. I'd hold off for 15-25 more points and then try for a Freedom or CSP, a BCE/BCP, and maybe a Barclaycard.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait for higher scores so you get sign on bonuses, worth over 500 per inquiry or more 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.