Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what credit cards allow you to pay mortgage

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

what credit cards allow you to pay mortgage

Is there any credit card that allow you to pay mortgage with it. I have read it some place that we can pay mortgage with? Does Amex allow it?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: what credit cards allow you to pay mortgage

It's more a question of which mortgage companies let you pay with a CC. I checked on the Amex site for various cards, and of all the repeating big bills that we have, the only one I could use an Amex on was Verizon Wireless. I think I found this on their rewards info site, but it took some hunting. BTW, the Amex site is a bit unfriendly to Firefox, and I finally gave up and used IE for them.

I would try calling your mortgage lender tomorrow morning and ask if they take cards at all, and if so, which ones.

If you have Countrywide, let us know what you find out! I would love running my monthly $808 through some sort of rewards card. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

would be close to 1500 for me, please post up if you find one. i would (don't tell spec or brammy) app for that succer in a second!
Message 3 of 10
SanFranMatt
Frequent Contributor

haulingthescoreup wrote: If you have Countrywide, let us know what you find out! I would love running my monthly $808 through some sort of rewards card. Smiley Wink
I live in San Francisco. I'll trade my credit scores (~800) for your $808 mortgage payment? Smiley Happy

Message Edited by SanFranMatt on 11-18-2007 01:20 PM
Message 4 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I hear ya! Beautiful city, impossible cost of living.

We're not in a palace, but we're on almost 5 acres of dogwoods and hardwoods, a whopping 1800 square feet of basement rancher, bought for $125K about 12 years ago, all the way up to $165K or so now. (East Tennessee)

Although there is that ongoing dead possums in the road thing! Smiley Very Happy

PS: a lot of people from the North and California retire here--sell their original homes and come here and live like kings. Some retire to Florida and can't stand it, and relocate up here, instead of going all the way home. We call them "halfbacks", because they went half-way back home. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 10
fused
Moderator Emeritus

concorduser wrote:
Is there any credit card that allow you to pay mortgage with it. I have read it some place that we can pay mortgage with? Does Amex allow it?

Good question and rarely discussed in the forums. The answer is yes but it really depends on your lender as HTSU mentioned. Amex was the first to launch a program. More recently, a company called CardIt got into the act.

Message 6 of 10
Cooneyca
Regular Contributor

I believe the difference between the Amex program and CardIt is with
  • Amex you need to have a mortgage with American Home Mortgage (too late)
  • CardIt you pay some nasty fees 2.49% + 19.99 per transaction (my $2400 mortgage would cost me $79.75 per month to use a card - yikes!)
Jan 07: tu 498, ex 501, eq 504
Oct 07: tu 716, ex 712, eq 723
Nov 07: tu 693, ex 664, eq 672_post app frenzy
Message 7 of 10
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Cooneyca wrote:
I believe the difference between the Amex program and CardIt is with
  • Amex you need to have a mortgage with American Home Mortgage (too late)
  • CardIt you pay some nasty fees 2.49% + 19.99 per transaction (my $2400 mortgage would cost me $79.75 per month to use a card - yikes!)

Yup! I am very interested in the Amex program. If I owned a house, I would jump all over it seeing we in Hawaii pay monthly mortgages of 4K. Imagine 48K in FF miles just for paying your mortgage.
Message 8 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I poked around the Countrywide website (CS closed on Sundays.) I can't find anything that lets you pay with a card. They do have a Visa rewards card where you can apply the points to your mortgage principal. Not the same thing, of course.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

When we were thinking about refi- w/ Ditech they offered a Visa card w/ an initial 1500 limit and whatever you charge on it you get 2% paid back on your mortgage. You have to get the home loan through Ditech and the card is thru FIA card services.

Didn't end up refi through them anyway. Got a much better deal at the local CU.

Don't know if they still have the card program- but it you can't get a mortg. thru local CU Ditech was very competitive on rates at the time.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.