Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what do i do now?

tag
cck5
Established Member

what do i do now?

ok so first off i wanna thank this board for all the help its given me and where its gotten me with my cards.

so now that ive achieved 2 credit cards. i was denied for two others.

my question is basically what do i do now to continue raising my scores and will enable me to get the other two cards i want BCE and freedom, besides paying in full on time.

will using my cards more and for higher amounts also help my score?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: what do i do now?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Garden-Club-Meeting-August-2013/td-p/2334767

Use your cards in any way you would spend normally and the link above is what you need most now.......time to heal scores,AAoA,INQ's

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 3
missjae
Established Contributor

Re: what do i do now?

@cck5 wrote:

ok so first off i wanna thank this board for all the help its given me and where its gotten me with my cards.

so now that ive achieved 2 credit cards. i was denied for two others.

my question is basically what do i do now to continue raising my scores and will enable me to get the other two cards i want BCE and freedom, besides paying in full on time.

will using my cards more and for higher amounts also help my score?

I don't know that charging a lot in itself will help you, but using the cards and paying (preferably in full) on time will build good payment history which will help you.  Take some time to let the accounts age, build payment history and when you app next, make sure you pay before the statement cuts so no high utility is reporting.  Good luck!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.