Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what exactly is a back door number?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

what exactly is a back door number?

i've been wondering what is a back door number. I've used it but how in the world can you get these numbers? Its not like the company's will give them freely. How do people get these numbers? I know this is silly question. Its just something i've been wondering about.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Verde
Established Member

Re: what exactly is a back door number?

Someone correct me if i am wrong, but to my understanding backdoor number is that number that sometimes you get transfered to when you say the right things to the representatives or if you threaten to close your acc. You reach not automated service that allows you to discuss your situation with actually a human beeing, and my friend, it does work Smiley Wink I believe thats how they get the numbers, when they get transfered and the representative tells you in case the call get disconnected call this number!
Message 2 of 3
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Re: what exactly is a back door number?

A backdoor number is a telephone number that allows direct access to a CCC's credit analysts, bypassing the CSR's. Why explain yourself to a gatekeeper when you don't have to or accept their "NO" for an answer. Some of these numbers are public - others are not. I would freely call any number posted here for "information" and play it dumb if I got the "door" slammed in my face! This is a chance to "sell" yourself to the proper audience. Make the most of it!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.