Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is considered heavy usage?

tag
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

what is considered heavy usage?

What would a credit card company consider heavy usage? is it based more on the amount of swipes or based on your income to usage? If I put through 12k/year on my CC compared to 48k income... is that high usage? I figured it would have to be compared to your income because someone making 3x my salary would easily have more spending. Just not sure what, if any, cards are considering me a heavy user or not.

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Re: what is considered heavy usage?

It's def a combination of both + how much of your CL you run up. If you have a CL of $4000, and constantly run up to $4000, pay it off mid month and run it up again, I would consider that heavy usage.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 2 of 3
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

Re: what is considered heavy usage?

@SwiftTone wrote:

It's def a combination of both + how much of your CL you run up. If you have a CL of $4000, and constantly run up to $4000, pay it off mid month and run it up again, I would consider that heavy usage.

Ok, I have low limits, I pay them off or large chunks every 2 weeks. I probably put 10k-12k per year on the card, would do more if the limit wasnt so low, but I didnt know if that card company would look and see me as a heavy user of their product.

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.