cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the worst credit card you currently/have ever had?

tag
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

Re: what is the worst credit card you currently/have ever had?

Honestly I don't regret any of my cards that I got. If I had to say something it would be the Cap 1 Journey that I applied for, got triple pulled, and got denied. I'm happy though because Discover took me in the same day and gave me a student IT with 5% cashback anyways - so it was meant to be! 

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 11 of 69
woodsie1
Regular Contributor

I will never regret my SCT VS! My worst card was my cap one secured card. I had it for five years, never received a CLI. The limit stayed at a whopping $250 until I closed it. I felt like the limit was holding me back.

Starting scores TU: 537 EQ: 571 Current Scores 8/2015 TU:641 EQ: 641EX: 643
4000 3600 30006200 VS: 2450 NY&CO: 2320

Message 12 of 69
red259
Super Contributor

Probably my citi AA plat. It is not a bad card. I got it as a result of a PC from AA exec and I maximized the 10% back on miles redemption. The problem is I don't have any AA flights at the moment so the priority boarding, free checked bag stuff are not of use to me and usually when I do fly it is on a reward and that stuff is already included in my ticket. The earn rate on the card is lousy so I don't use it for spend. The only reason I keep it open is because if I close it then it resets the clock on when I can apply for another AA card and get the bonus. Still I got a reterntion offer which I met so that took care of the AF for this year and I am hoping to use the benefits next year. I don't really regret any of the card accounts I opened. Everything I got was researched and I had a specific use for each product. The arrival+ is going to have to go away in Jan though, so whatever card I PC that into will likely be useless and only being kept around to help with overall util and keeping a relationship with barclays. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 13 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah i feel like when you apply and if someone looks at your profile and they see a LOW limit they feel like they need to give you a lower limit too.
Message 14 of 69
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

Wells Fargo

J Crew

Victoria Secret

Chase Amazon

Barclay Rewards

Message 15 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

My worst card by a mile is my Wells Fargo Visa. It is getting some use right now because Wells Fargo gave me a 2 month bonus of double points on all of my purchases, but after that, back to the sock drawer. I am not going to close it though because it is my oldest card and it has no AF. 

Message 16 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah i have the wells fargo platinum visa and it sucks! lol
Message 17 of 69
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

I had CreditOne when I was building. Got the limit up to $800 from $300 in about 8 months. I closed that in April when I got my CLI's on my Quicksilver cards. 

I also had a Milestone Mastercard. It wasn't terrible, but the limit never grew beyond $300. I closed that last January. 

Worst card I currently have is my $175 American Eagle card. It's kind of my own fault though, I never use it. I've thought about putting the work into making it grow, but I don't feel like I need to spend the money. 

The most useless cards I have are my J. Crew and Overstock. I don't ever find anything I want on Overstock, and my local J. Crew is women's only. I figure someday Comenity will close those on me for non usage. 

Message 18 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeeBee78 wrote:

I had CreditOne when I was building. Got the limit up to $800 from $300 in about 8 months. I closed that in April when I got my CLI's on my Quicksilver cards. 

I also had a Milestone Mastercard. It wasn't terrible, but the limit never grew beyond $300. I closed that last January. 

Worst card I currently have is my $175 American Eagle card. It's kind of my own fault though, I never use it. I've thought about putting the work into making it grow, but I don't feel like I need to spend the money. 

The most useless cards I have are my J. Crew and Overstock. I don't ever find anything I want on Overstock, and my local J. Crew is women's only. I figure someday Comenity will close those on me for non usage. 

How long have you had your AE card?  isn't it Comenity?  Have you called the "robot lady" about a CLI?  My J Crew card grew $3300 last month.  Haven't reached 6 months with OS yet, but hope it will grow alot next month when I hit 6 months.  Don't have AE card (figure I have enough SCT cards).  Order a lot from J Crew online.  Found that pants run small, so I usually have to order a size larger. 

Message 19 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

if they're anything like synchrony it won't take but two years to close lol
Message 20 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.