cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the worst credit card you currently/have ever had?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: what is the worst credit card you currently/have ever had?

Cap1 Platinum MC & Merrick Bank

Message 61 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

do you currently have those or were they in the past
Message 62 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Premier

i think I paid $225 for annual feel and membership fee before I even got the card in the mail. My APR was 36% all across for purchase and cash advance. I closed it a year later. It was brutal!!!

Message 63 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yikes 😱
Message 64 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
how come

the only upside of having the freedom now is for the 5% quarterly cashback

Message 65 of 69
elim
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My Walmart store card since it at the lowest limit of $400.  And I'm pretty much done with store cards as a whole (save for one which I'll mention)  I'll probably dump it at the first opportunity when I get an approval for another bank card (Chase or AMEX if everything works out) but that won't be for a while, at least another six months.  If I keep/apply for another store card I'll probably reapply for the Amazon card since it's now essentially an upcapped 5% card for Prime members (that's me!) and they started that soon after I canceled it the last time.  That still stings a little. Smiley LOL

+1  Walmart started me off with a juicy $150 limit.  Of course i read a bunch here and it went to $7,000 in a few months time.    :]

Now my Chase Amazon sits at $2,000 and is an anchor. It started at $500 and has gotten 2 auto CLI's but that one may get closed soon. It's 17 months old and there is no way I'll take an HP from Chase on it. I may roll the 2k over to Ritz if they approve me for it this winter.

Message 66 of 69
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

First and foremost would be Cap One.

Next would have to be Merrick bank.

and lastly every SCT I ever fell for.

Message 67 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

lmfao
Message 68 of 69
Ragelog
Established Contributor

Worst ever would be First Premier 700 CL with like $49 AF or something plus monthly maintenance. I closed it as soon as I had other cards. Currently Overstock card has little to no use. Amazon, Walmart etc seem like the best deals. I would use Overstock but they rarely are competitive on price. 

I will likely keep it until they close it barring some amazing deal on something I planned to buy.

Honorable mentions Capital One Secured card (useful in establishing credit but it never graduates so I closed it once it nearly 2) and US Bank Harley Davidson Secured Card after further reasearch rarely converts and requires a hard pull.

EQ04 675, EQ08 676, EX08 719, TU08 703 $12704.75/$123050 Revolving Credit (All 0% or 1.99%) - In Garden Since 5/25/2016

Last negative item should fall off in July 2017.
Message 69 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.