cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what's special about Wells Fargo Credit cards?

New Contributor

what's special about Wells Fargo Credit cards?

I was checking out Wells Fargo's credit card sections and boy are they mediocre looking to me.  I don't see any airlines/hotels affiliated cards, and their cash back option looked weak, and even 0% intro APRs/BTs were weak.  Why do people choose Wells Fargo Credit cards beside its Secured cards?

EQ 734 (2010/09) 680 (2011/08) 700 (2012/04) 701 (2013/01) | EX 737 (2011/09 AMEX) | TU 755 (2010/09) 721 (2011/09)
Amex Platinum NPSL / Blue Cash Preferred $10K | BofA Visa $9K | Discover More $8.5K | Cap1 Best Buy MC $7K | Chase Ink Bold $12.5K / Sapphire Preferred $5.5K / MileagePlus Select Visa $5K / Freedom $2K | Dell Store $3K
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES
Epic Contributor

Re: what's special about Wells Fargo Credit cards?

saaws wrote:

I was checking out Wells Fargo's credit card sections and boy are they mediocre looking to me.  I don't see any airlines/hotels affiliated cards, and their cash back option looked weak, and even 0% intro APRs/BTs were weak.  Why do people choose Wells Fargo Credit cards beside its Secured cards?

I just wanted a credit card to serve as my overdraft for my checking account with them.... but after just a couple weeks of use, I'm already back to Chase... the bill pay takes 2-3 days, Chase takes 1 day.  Deposits seem to take days to be seen but with Chase they are instant.  Overall I don't like them but I have a small amount go into the account from my check for my cash withdraw since they are next to my house

Message 2 of 4
Senior Contributor

$18 annual fee for the securd card is the lowest of any major bank.  I think you can pay another $18 and you get rewards with it.  

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Established Contributor

saaws wrote:

In my case, the answer is simple: I banked with them, and they were the first to give me a credit card. (However, I didn't know it any better at that time. Where I come from, you will more or less only get a credit card from a place where you bank and that knows you well.)

The card I have from them is flat 1% rewards on everything, redeemable in $25 increments. It's my second highest limit, which doesn't mean much Smiley Wink.

Message 4 of 4