New Contributor
saaws

what's special about Wells Fargo Credit cards?

I was checking out Wells Fargo's credit card sections and boy are they mediocre looking to me.  I don't see any airlines/hotels affiliated cards, and their cash back option looked weak, and even 0% intro APRs/BTs were weak.  Why do people choose Wells Fargo Credit cards beside its Secured cards?

EQ 734 (2010/09) 680 (2011/08) 700 (2012/04) 701 (2013/01) | EX 737 (2011/09 AMEX) | TU 755 (2010/09) 721 (2011/09)
Amex Platinum NPSL / Blue Cash Preferred $10K | BofA Visa $9K | Discover More $8.5K | Cap1 Best Buy MC $7K | Chase Ink Bold $12.5K / Sapphire Preferred $5.5K / MileagePlus Select Visa $5K / Freedom $2K | Dell Store $3K
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: what's special about Wells Fargo Credit cards?

saaws wrote:

I was checking out Wells Fargo's credit card sections and boy are they mediocre looking to me.  I don't see any airlines/hotels affiliated cards, and their cash back option looked weak, and even 0% intro APRs/BTs were weak.  Why do people choose Wells Fargo Credit cards beside its Secured cards?

I just wanted a credit card to serve as my overdraft for my checking account with them.... but after just a couple weeks of use, I'm already back to Chase... the bill pay takes 2-3 days, Chase takes 1 day.  Deposits seem to take days to be seen but with Chase they are instant.  Overall I don't like them but I have a small amount go into the account from my check for my cash withdraw since they are next to my house

Fico Scores: EQ- 682 DCU, TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 NASA(10-6-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
63 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Senior Contributor
Wolf3

$18 annual fee for the securd card is the lowest of any major bank.  I think you can pay another $18 and you get rewards with it.  

Established Contributor
Ulan

saaws wrote:

In my case, the answer is simple: I banked with them, and they were the first to give me a credit card. (However, I didn't know it any better at that time. Where I come from, you will more or less only get a credit card from a place where you bank and that knows you well.)

The card I have from them is flat 1% rewards on everything, redeemable in $25 increments. It's my second highest limit, which doesn't mean much :smileywink:.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}