Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what score to get home depot card?

tag
markcerm
New Contributor

what score to get home depot card?

anyone have any idea what score is needed to get approved for a home depot card?

my score is 605 EQ now and getting some items removed just waiting for them to report. also working on paying down my revolving debt ratio which is now at 27%

Starting Score: 570
Current Score: 666
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
JaseT
Established Contributor

Re: what score to get home depot card?

Looks like most approvals are in the 670+ range. I don't think that Citi will approve your score.

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really they we not approve you, they are so picky now, I was turn down for  increase on my home depot card with a score of 720 plus  don't know why yet but still waiting on the letter. And they always pull experian most of the time.

Message 3 of 6
markcerm
New Contributor

thanks for the quick reply, i didnt think they would approve me at 605. was going to apply in 2 months when my collection got removed and i payed my revolving balance down a bit. but i think my score will only go to maybe 630 once i got those items done. good to know not to apply till score hits 670ish i dont want to apply till im sure i will get approved.

Starting Score: 570
Current Score: 666
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 6
JaseT
Established Contributor

@markcerm wrote:

thanks for the quick reply, i didnt think they would approve me at 605. was going to apply in 2 months when my collection got removed and i payed my revolving balance down a bit. but i think my score will only go to maybe 630 once i got those items done. good to know not to apply till score hits 670ish i dont want to apply till im sure i will get approved.

You might even wait until you are in the 700 club. I recently was approved for Citi Diamond Preferred and it was a crappy $1200 CL. I know it will grow with them, but I had 3 Plat accounts with Citi back in 2003 (all closed by me with perfect history) and they were all in the $5k CL range. I think that Citi has really tightened up their approvals and CL's.

Good luck to you whenever you decide to pull the trigger! Keep us posted!  Smiley Happy

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just approved for the Home Depot card in December, my equifax score was 631. My utilization was about 14% and my AAoA was 6.9 yrs.

Mind you my credit limit was only $500.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.