Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what the what MACY'S!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: what the what MACY'S!

@Anonymous wrote:

Why does the account reporting matter so much? It will help your utilization. One account is not going to cause your score to change much. The high limit will help overall.

I worry because I just checked my EX report and the moment that new account hit my reports. ..guess who Sp'd me? Chase and Amex. I do not want AA. Thank God I have low utilization.  I have added 4 new accounts, now 5 in the last 6 months. 9 in the last 12 months. 

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Could be part of that thing that forced AMEX to stop report backdating.

Why would one have anything to do with the other?  Creditors are completely free to report to CRAs or not.  The backdating issue is completely different because Amex was essentially reporting inaccurate information.  . There are zero problems with hidden trade lines 

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Why would one have anything to do with the other?  Creditors are completely free to report to CRAs or not.  The backdating issue is completely different because Amex was essentially reporting inaccurate information.  . There are zero problems with hidden trade lines 

I was hoping this one would have been hidden. The club account isn't,  however I believe the special event account is. Does anyone think I will face AA? I have only 1K reporting...937 on a Cap 1 and 169 on JC penney. Both have been paid in full except for the Cap 1 which now has a 45 dollar balance that has not reported yet. This is out of 60K in available credit...welll now 65K.

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I was hoping this one would have been hidden. The club account isn't,  however I believe the special event account is. Does anyone think I will face AA? I have only 1K reporting...937 on a Cap 1 and 169 on JC penney. Both have been paid in full except for the Cap 1 which now has a 45 dollar balance that has not reported yet. This is out of 60K in available credit...welll now 65K.

No you won't have any AA

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No you won't have any AA

I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN IF I DO, IRISH! LOL
Message 15 of 19
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Soon Diners Club will also start reporting. Smiley Happy

*gets boo'ed and popcorn thrown at him by the angry mob*

Lol
Message 16 of 19
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

I have to agree with ramocita...even though it would help with UTIL a little, I really don't want either of those new Macy's accts. I just got reporting as new TL's either. That's one of the reasons I've never applied for the Macy's AMEX upgrade. And besides when I went to manual review for my denied Chase Marriott app the other day, the Analyst wanted to club me like a seal for the current number of accts I have open--all 16 of them-even though my total UTIL is only about 11% (I guess they didn't count the 5 store cards or the Cap. One Venture that hasn't reported yet)

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jaylima91 wrote:
Soon Diners Club will also start reporting. Smiley Happy

*gets boo'ed and popcorn thrown at him by the angry mob*

Lol

If that happens, there are going to be some freaked out folks around here!

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder If I can call up macy's and have them cancel the account and remove it. It can't hurt to try.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.