cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what time of the month does Best Buy Rewards card report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

what time of the month does Best Buy Rewards card report?

It's only a $300 card but it is hurting my score every month by reporting a balance...which is always under $10.  

The card does not report on the due date....it does not report on the new statement cut date (which is when my 4 other cards do)...so when exactly does this card report?  Has anyone figured this out? The bank is HSBC if that helps.  Thanks.  

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: what time of the month does Best Buy Rewards card report?

HSBC reports the balance owing on the last business day of the month, instead of the closing date like most ccc's.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Buy claims to report on the last day of the month.. BUT thats not always the case. I have to call EVERY month to ask them to update.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I should have also clarified that even though they use the balance from the last business day of the month, it doesn't mean they are prompt to report to the bureau's. They are slow getting any info updated (of course unless you didn't PIF then they are quick to report that! Smiley Tongue )
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

so, the best way to have this cheapo low limit card and have it report as ZERO BALANCE to the CR's is to buy something, say, around the 20th of any given month and quickly PIF quickly the next day?  oh joy, that's how i use my amex Smiley Very Happy 
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.