Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what to do about chase low limit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: what to do about chase low limit?

Just went through the same thing with Chase.  I applied for the Slate about about a week ago and was approved for a measley $400 CL.  I was caught off gaurd with the low limit because I have a FICO score of 740, with a mortgage loan and one credit card that has a $9,500 CL.  I got the card in the mail and immediately called for a CLI. My credit was pulled again and I only got a CLI to $500.  The CSR admitted to me that she didn't understand why I was only being approved for such a low limit.  Long story short, she asked me what my yearly income was and I told her $150K.  She then asked what limit I was looking for and I told her to match my Fifth Third credit card's limit at $9,500 and she did it!

Message 11 of 15
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

Hang in there I started out with a $500 limit few months later I asked for a $500 cli and they gave me another $1000 to bring me to $1500. Tried for a few clis along the way and never got them. Tried for a cli about 3 weeks ago and they said no but gave me a csp and united with $5k limits visa signature
AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase is a strange bird.

Called to request my first CLI request ever on a five year account and they whined and moaned about an increase from $3k to $5k.  The next day applied for CSP and they approve it.  Called the magic number to confirm CL and they say my limit will be "$30k to start."  Smiley Surprised

I vote you app for the Freedom or even the CSP in place of asking for a CLI.  And be prepared to buy new skivvies.

Message 13 of 15
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Chase is a strange bird.

Called to request my first CLI request ever on a five year account and they whined and moaned about an increase from $3k to $5k.  The next day applied for CSP and they approve it.  Called the magic number to confirm CL and they say my limit will be "$30k to start."  Smiley Surprised

I vote you app for the Freedom or even the CSP in place of asking for a CLI.  And be prepared to buy new skivvies.

They are very strange about credit...they gave me $10k in new credit but no CLI....I am might to try for a CLI on my CSP in 6 months and then call back door and see if they can use same report for other cards for a CLI....

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 14 of 15
shakalaka
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Chase is a strange bird.

That is really funny.Smiley Very Happy But Congrats.

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.