Established Member
mdotwhite

Re: what to do about chase low limit?

[ Edited ]

Just went through the same thing with Chase.  I applied for the Slate about about a week ago and was approved for a measley $400 CL.  I was caught off gaurd with the low limit because I have a FICO score of 740, with a mortgage loan and one credit card that has a $9,500 CL.  I got the card in the mail and immediately called for a CLI. My credit was pulled again and I only got a CLI to $500.  The CSR admitted to me that she didn't understand why I was only being approved for such a low limit.  Long story short, she asked me what my yearly income was and I told her $150K.  She then asked what limit I was looking for and I told her to match my Fifth Third credit card's limit at $9,500 and she did it!

Valued Contributor
afbar1114

Hang in there I started out with a $500 limit few months later I asked for a $500 cli and they gave me another $1000 to bring me to $1500. Tried for a few clis along the way and never got them. Tried for a cli about 3 weeks ago and they said no but gave me a csp and united with $5k limits visa signature

In my wallet: AMEX Gold; Freedom $1.5k; CSP $5k; Chase United $5k; Discover $2k
Last HP: 4/30
Regular Contributor
McArthur

Chase is a strange bird.

Called to request my first CLI request ever on a five year account and they whined and moaned about an increase from $3k to $5k.  The next day applied for CSP and they approve it.  Called the magic number to confirm CL and they say my limit will be "$30k to start."  :smileysurprised:

I vote you app for the Freedom or even the CSP in place of asking for a CLI.  And be prepared to buy new skivvies.

Valued Contributor
afbar1114

McArthur wrote:

Chase is a strange bird.

Called to request my first CLI request ever on a five year account and they whined and moaned about an increase from $3k to $5k.  The next day applied for CSP and they approve it.  Called the magic number to confirm CL and they say my limit will be "$30k to start."  :smileysurprised:

I vote you app for the Freedom or even the CSP in place of asking for a CLI.  And be prepared to buy new skivvies.

They are very strange about credit...they gave me $10k in new credit but no CLI....I am might to try for a CLI on my CSP in 6 months and then call back door and see if they can use same report for other cards for a CLI....

In my wallet: AMEX Gold; Freedom $1.5k; CSP $5k; Chase United $5k; Discover $2k
Last HP: 4/30
Established Contributor
shakalaka

McArthur wrote:

Chase is a strange bird.

That is really funny.:smileyvery-happy: But Congrats.

Amex Platinum (NPSL) | Amex BCE (33,400) | Chase Sapphire Preferred (17,400) | Discover IT (12,700) | Chase Freedom (4,800) | Walmart (4,500) | CapOne (1,500) | Alliant CU Visa | Gone for good: CapOne secured (thx for getting me started) | Amex Zync (thx for getting me into AX)

FICO: TU 748 (4/30) EQ 730 (4/26) EX 748 (12/5)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+