Reply
New Contributor
shasta
Posts: 71
Registered: ‎11-02-2011
0

what to do when backdoor recons fail?

About 8 months ago, I applied for the Chase sapphire and was rejected. No reason was given and I never received a letter. I called the 800 number and ran it up the chain but I was still denied.

 

I just did an online chat with Capital one and was told that I was denied for a customer requested credit line increase. I was not given a reason and I asked the rep if they did a hard pull and he said they don't check the credit at all, they just review the account history.

I will mail the executive offices as others have done on this forum and I will post the results.

 

At some point, is it just better to give up than to keep doing recons? I'm trying to get a credit card with a higher limit.

 

My Experian is 662, pulled this week. It seems as though I'm still considered bad credit and/or a high risk.................

Valued Contributor
nicholasyud
Posts: 1,734
Registered: ‎08-13-2012
0

Re: what to do when backdoor recons fail?


shasta wrote:

About 8 months ago, I applied for the Chase sapphire and was rejected. No reason was given and I never received a letter. I called the 800 number and ran it up the chain but I was still denied.

 

I just did an online chat with Capital one and was told that I was denied for a customer requested credit line increase. I was not given a reason and I asked the rep if they did a hard pull and he said they don't check the credit at all, they just review the account history.

I will mail the executive offices as others have done on this forum and I will post the results.

 

At some point, is it just better to give up than to keep doing recons? I'm trying to get a credit card with a higher limit.

 

My Experian is 662, pulled this week. It seems as though I'm still considered bad credit and/or a high risk.................


Actually 662 is pretty decent credit score....not good not great not bad but average......

Have handle your credit well ???

Let me suggest you a few tips that would bring your fico up : 

  1. Paid all your credit card bill down and using about 9% uti...
  2. Check your score here at Fico.com ( Consider real score most lender pull)
  3. Check your credit report and see if there any baddie on there ( You probably dont even know ) . Clean up all those baddie if any.
  4. Don't apply for new credit too often.
  5. Please let us know what on your credit report so we can get more details for better assit u.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 748 Wishlist: CSP, Simply Cash, SPG, BOLD, INK, United MP,
Goal Score: 800


Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 9k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 3.4k|Cap: 3.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 5k| Pen:4.5k

Valued Contributor
CreditScholar
Posts: 2,300
Registered: ‎01-22-2012
0

Re: what to do when backdoor recons fail?


nicholasyud wrote:

shasta wrote:

About 8 months ago, I applied for the Chase sapphire and was rejected. No reason was given and I never received a letter. I called the 800 number and ran it up the chain but I was still denied.

 

I just did an online chat with Capital one and was told that I was denied for a customer requested credit line increase. I was not given a reason and I asked the rep if they did a hard pull and he said they don't check the credit at all, they just review the account history.

I will mail the executive offices as others have done on this forum and I will post the results.

 

At some point, is it just better to give up than to keep doing recons? I'm trying to get a credit card with a higher limit.

 

My Experian is 662, pulled this week. It seems as though I'm still considered bad credit and/or a high risk.................


Actually 662 is pretty decent credit score....not good not great not bad but average......

Have handle your credit well ???

Let me suggest you a few tips that would bring your fico up : 

  1. Paid all your credit card bill down and using about 9% uti...
  2. Check your score here at Fico.com ( Consider real score most lender pull)
  3. Check your credit report and see if there any baddie on there ( You probably dont even know ) . Clean up all those baddie if any.
  4. Don't apply for new credit too often.
  5. Please let us know what on your credit report so we can get more details for better assit u.

I have to disagree with some of this. 662 is a mediocre score at best, and you'll want something around 700 for a decent chance at the Sapphire.

 

Your issue isn't with recons, it's that you need to improve your credit first. The 5 tips above are definitely a good way to start.

FICOs: EX: 826, EQ: 817, TU: 810
Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL
Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank American Airlines Executive World Elite MasterCard - $22,500 CL
J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Established Contributor
bettercreditguy1
Posts: 758
Registered: ‎02-11-2012
0

Re: what to do when backdoor recons fail?

Usually speaking, Chase approves with scores in the 700s, no collections, no charge offs. They also like to see paid history on other accounts as well.  They approved me instantly with online apps. I applied for Chase FREEDOM first and then one year later Chase Airlines. My score was 767 for the Freedom when approved.

Starting scores 01/02/2012 EQ 707(Fico) TU 733(Fico) EXP 735 (FAKO)
Updated scores 06/01/2014 EQ 797(Fico) TU 768(Fico) EXP 769 (Fico), EQ 849 (Next Gen 5/27/14 Penfed)


Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Valued Contributor
nicholasyud
Posts: 1,734
Registered: ‎08-13-2012
0

Re: what to do when backdoor recons fail?


CreditScholar wrote:


I have to disagree with some of this. 662 is a mediocre score at best, and you'll want something around 700 for a decent chance at the Sapphire.

 

Your issue isn't with recons, it's that you need to improve your credit first. The 5 tips above are definitely a good way to start.


As i said above ::

"""Actually 662 is pretty decent credit score....not good not great not bad but average......""


Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 748 Wishlist: CSP, Simply Cash, SPG, BOLD, INK, United MP,
Goal Score: 800


Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 9k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 3.4k|Cap: 3.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 5k| Pen:4.5k

Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,434
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: what to do when backdoor recons fail?


shasta wrote:

About 8 months ago, I applied for the Chase sapphire and was rejected. No reason was given and I never received a letter. I called the 800 number and ran it up the chain but I was still denied.

 

I just did an online chat with Capital one and was told that I was denied for a customer requested credit line increase. I was not given a reason and I asked the rep if they did a hard pull and he said they don't check the credit at all, they just review the account history.

I will mail the executive offices as others have done on this forum and I will post the results.

 

At some point, is it just better to give up than to keep doing recons? I'm trying to get a credit card with a higher limit.

 

My Experian is 662, pulled this week. It seems as though I'm still considered bad credit and/or a high risk.................


Where did you get this score?




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy
Posts: 6,242
Registered: ‎08-16-2012
0

Re: what to do when backdoor recons fail?

Ehh... Chase is great with recons sorta...
I had a 640 FICO and got a $5k Freedom....

But two months later, the fraud accounts were actually removed from 2/3 reports and I'm at 740'ish on EQ&EXP & 688 on TU.. Eh

You should def get util low if it isn't already...

:-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Valued Contributor
visorboy1974
Posts: 1,132
Registered: ‎05-17-2010
0

Re: what to do when backdoor recons fail?

What to do when recon attempts fail?  Keep trying...and think of better reasons to tell them why they should approve you for their card.  Don't give up...you'll be fine.  


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}