Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what would you do? Citi Diamond Preferred

tag
firesoul453
Contributor

Re: what would you do? Citi Diamond Preferred

I just got approved (well two days ago) and my purchase apr is 0% for 18 months.

But you say earlier you asked them and they said you did have 0% apr?

See if they can find a record of that. They sometime (and I always ask them to) put a note on the account with something like that.

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Message 11 of 15
ppiresny
Contributor

Called twice, one time I spoke to a manager and she said I need proof like really, why would I lie, I have other cards with 0% wouldnt I have just used those, what can I do now??????????? Should I just pay off my other cards and do a split balance transfer if thats even possible.

TU 708 EQ 690 EX 708(FCR)

Portfolio
Amex Zync NPSL,Amex Blue Cash Everyday $2700,Barclaycard iTunes rewards $2500,Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000,GAP Visa $1250,Express Store card $750,Dell Preferred Account $1500,Discover More $3000,Citi Diamond Preferred $9000,Chase Freedom $1500,Wells Fargo Auto Loan $19,000 @ 11%
Message 12 of 15
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@ppiresny wrote:

Called twice, one time I spoke to a manager and she said I need proof like really, why would I lie, I have other cards with 0% wouldnt I have just used those, what can I do now??????????? Should I just pay off my other cards and do a split balance transfer if thats even possible.

You still haven't answered my question. What does it say under your credit card statement for purchase and BT APR?

It is very unlikely that Citi got it wrong. Did you apply over the phone, internet, or mail? Either way there are plenty offers for Diamond Preferred that offer 0% on BT but not on purchases.

Your best bet is to call Citi again and ask them to review the phone call you have back in June-August. The conversation back then was recorded.

Message 13 of 15
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@ppiresny wrote:

Guys I am in a situation, got the citi diamond preferred in june with a $9000 limit and I was and still am sure I had 0% introductory apr so I put some large purchases on the card taking advantage of the 18 months no interest.

Bam today I got interest charge. called and they said I need proof that I got the 0% offer, I dont... I even called before I made a big purchase and asked if I have it, they said yes and I swiped away.

The balance is $5800.

I have an amex blue with $1600 balance 0% and discover more $2100 0% and abotu $3000 extra cash in my savings.

would you pay off the discover and amex ( i have a bit more in my checking) and get a CLI when the statement clears and do a 0% balance transfer

OR

Put the $3000 towards the diamond preferred and be left with $2800 balance.

I am so mad, I plan everything out and can pay citi off in Feb when I get my bonus but I will be incurring interest until then no idea what to do please help.

Well, the likelihood is that it was just a BT offer. I had something similar w/Chase. I *thought* it had an intro period w/0% interest. But they tell me that it didn't and instead I got a larger reward/rebate after spending money on the card. This time when I apped w/0% interest offer, I printed off the webpage offer and saved it as a PDF on my computer. Plus, I have saved all of the paperwork w/the card in a file, so I'm protected - and also so I can be sure of what they are offering and I don't make a mistake, either.

You have $3k, so you may as well put it towards the $5800. Otherwise you're going to be spending interest on it. At least that way you can get the balance down to $2800.

I'm not sure with your balances if you'd qualify for a new 0% card w/someone else (e.g. Chase) for the balance, to avoid future interest  charges.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 14 of 15
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@AF_23 wrote:

It says right there on their webpage that they offer 0% on BT's + purchases. I would scream at them

That's only if you apply directly from their website. Other website portal or mail offer has different offer.

Yeh, but the offer is available to the public. I would be shocked if Citi was to act in a silly manner and somehow not override this issue.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.